It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

beetkvass HB User
Nerve conduction study test?

I just had a nerve conduction study done this morning. I know they are checking for MS as a possibility. I have an MRI in a couple of weeks and am currently 26 weeks pregnant. My numbness all started after some serious anxiety attacks and I started taking Xanax. I also lost weight, exercised daily, and changed my diet and kept my blood sugar in tight control. But I started getting numbness. It's in my face, feet and legs and arms and hands now.

I just keep doubting something like MS because quite frankly I've never had more energy otherwise. I have always been looow energy since I was about 14. But right now my anxiety is far better and over all I just feel good except this darn spreading numbness in my body.

I've read on here some and wondered about small fiber neuropathy among other things. I am feeling anxious after the test. I read that a nerve conduction test cant' really pick up small fiber neuropathy. I am just curious though in how other's nerve conduction tests went. I definitely felt the electrical sensations far less in the fronts of my legs and feet where most of my greatest lost of sensation is. Now if I can tell it's less intense does that mean the machine can tell? I really am not sure how it works and am anxiously awaiting my results. I really just want some answers and I am concerned with how rapidly the numbness has spread recently. I put off looking into it for some time because I was being told it was due to my anxiety. And yes I have noticed that it worsens a lot during anxiety..I have also realized I increase Xanax during that period of time and found that Xanax causes paresthesia. I am not sure if that's something that would be picked up on a ncs or not.

Just looking for support. This is all so nerve wracking for me not knowing what's going on and wondering how bad the loss of sensation will end up being.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread