It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2002, 07:19 PM   #1

alexa HB User
Post good signs of nerves healing?

I had a crushing injury to my leg and had extensive damage to my nerves in the process. This was in October. My foot is where all the pain is although it was never touched .I've been diagnosed with RSD which I sometimes doubt but I do have some symptoms mainly the pain. My question to anyone out there is what signs could I take to be signs of recovery? For instance 2 weeks ago each step I took it felt like I was walking on gravel now that is gone but I do have more burning pain.Another example is lately Ive noticed that I'll rest my foot against something , then look down a few seconds later and it wouldnt be touching that object even though it still felt like it was . Basically I'm just looking for good signs . The feelings are changing all the time ,on a daily basis almost but I can't get an answer if they are for the good or not. I do know that the pain hasn't gotten any better , well not enough to lead a semi-normal life again.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2002, 12:31 PM   #2

brfnewsman HB User
see a neurologist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Definately see a neurologist!!!

Old 04-16-2002, 07:49 PM   #4

smithm HB User
what is rsd?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
(male)

ddaavviidd HB User
Re: good signs of nerves healing?

I can't tell you what the signs of nerve healing are, but my heart goes out to you, as I suffer from a similar pain problem in my foot. I needed back surgery for a long time, but was unable to get it because three different surgeons misdiagnosed my condition. I fear I'll be dragging an anchor of pain around for the rest of my life.

One thing that helped me was to eliminate caffeine from my diet. I also have a physician that believes I have RSD--now commonly called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. He has prescribed many drugs, but now I'm trying alternative care, and the two things that seem to have helped are the elimination of caffeine, and inclusion of more omega-three fatty acids into my diet.

I hope that everything turns out OK for you. I'm trying to trust God, and will say a prayer for you tonight.

Closed Thread