It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2002, 07:27 AM   #1

W_HAMILTON HB User
Post Burning sensation in lower legs

About 4 days ago I began experiencing a burning sensation in my legs. I have only experienced this sort of sensation one other time, and that was when I took a specific pain reliever. When I took that medicine, I would get tingling sensations (that would go away once I moved around), then a burning sensation for maybe a couple of hours, and all would be better. I stopped taking that drug, but like I said in the past few days the burning sensation has come back.
I really have no idea what it could be. I thought maybe it was diabetes, because I am at risk (340lbs 6'0"), but I have had no other symptoms like those you find in diabetic patients. Plus, the burning sensation is not in my feet, it's just like it's in my calves (not even upper leg). Also, it seems somewhat like the burning sensation is beginning to start in my upper forearms, just below the elbow (but not hands or upper arms).

Does anyone have any idea what this could be, or what I could do to treat it? I've tried increased activity, as well as taking a multivitamin, but it hasn't worked yet. Also, the only medication I am taking now is a supplement called quercetin (never gave me side effects like these before in about 4 weeks of using it), and like I said the multivitamin.

Please help, any advice on what you think I should do would be really appreciated.

Old 05-04-2002, 06:16 PM   #2

brfnewsman HB User
[Hi..that burning sensation is a direct result you have have diabetes..and nerve damage is a cause...If you have a feeling of a glove or stocking on your legs..that is what it is..I experience the same thing..do you work..are you employed and is it uncortable sometimes..it is to me..but I try...it may relieve when sugars get normal..let me know..thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Inactive

mykidsmom77 HB User
My husband suffered from a similar burning sensation in his thighs back in 1987. The Dr.'s were puzzled and not really sure what to do about it. By the time that the burning stopped, he had a lot of muscle weakness, and still has difficulty walking. We know now that if they had treated him with high doses of prednisone, it might have prevented the development of the muscle weakness. He was diagnosed with neuro-sarcoidosis in 1998, which would explain all of his symptoms thus far. Sarcoidosis is usually diagnosed by infiltrates in the lungs, however, he didn't develop these until 98, and up until that time, his central nervous system was mostly involved. Now, we have a positive diagnosis, but the damage has been done. He has been on several courses of Prednisone and even Methotrexate since diagnosis, but the damage seems to have been done, and not much changes.

Old 07-26-2002, 07:01 PM   #4

sliprock6 HB User
Have a MRI on your neck,and a nerve study done on your legs.I have the same thing wrong with me,I have a herniated disc at c4-5,bulging c5-6,and look up peroneal nerve,this will help. GOOD LUCK

Old 09-09-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
(female)

avia HB User
I have the burning at times all over my body - it is very miserable. Don't have a diagnosis yet but they have ruled out diabetes. I have read where B12 deficiency can cause this symptom among others.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #6
whisper

Hi there

you dont have to have Diabetes to get neuropathy, you could easy have the neuropathy, its starts off just small then goses further, its worse at nights when your in bed, then you feel the pain more, but it doses sound like neuropathy you have all the systems of neuropathy, iv got Diabetes and the neuropathy is hell to live with, but like i said you can get neuropathy without getting Diabetes, but you should go and see a doctor, there is medis you can take for the pain, depending how much pain your in,

Old 06-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
(female)

donnaoneill1 HB User
Re: Burning sensation in lower legs

yesterday i woke up with a really warm feeling in one of my legs i touched the skin it felt the same temp as the rest of my body but inside it felt like it was scolding, every time its touched by something hard like toilet seat or hard chair it feels like im touching burnt skin which it was just on my leg now its moved to my arm, i had a coil fitted last week and the doctor thinks they may have hit a nerve as i keep getting vibrating feeling in my backside and leg (opposite leg) just read a message on here about diabetes and about the leg problem to do with nerves just wondered if you have any advice, blood clots have been ruled out the doct dont seem o know whats wrong

Closed Thread