It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #1

conniee HB User
Post Twitching Thumb

For three days straight recently, I experienced an intermittent, involuntary twitching of my thumb. It was much worse at night time when I was trying to sleep. Prior to this, I had gone outside for a very brief period on an extremely cold day with gloves that were not warm enough. Could the exposure to extreme cold have caused this?

Seven years ago I had a post viral neuropathy which lasted for two years. I since recovered and only have occasional symptoms which seem to come when I am under stress or fighting a bug.

I am just curious to know if any of you have this symptom.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Old 01-20-2003, 09:38 AM   #2

CKG5969 HB User
Yes I have symptoms kind of like that also, Mine twitches between my thumb, and my forefinger. Sometimes it lasts for days, and sometimes it doesnt do it for a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #3

conniee HB User
Thanks for your response, CKG.

My symptoms can be so quirky that I don't bother mentioning them to my family or close friends. I have a big fear of being labeled a hypochondriac.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:46 AM   #4

dennisr HB User
Re: Twitching Thumb

My thumb twitches too lately, which is my left thumb. It has not done this before. If I let it rest it just keeps twitching, which other fingers do the same. Is this something wrong with me. I am taking lexapro too.

Could this be the cause? Is there exercises to help this get better?

Thanks

Old 06-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #5

Chaos247 HB User

I have also recently had the twitching thumb and forefinger on my left hand. It lasted for a week and then went away. It has only been a week and it has not returned.
I have read it could be stress or illness induced but that would be a hard call for me since I have both!

Old 06-22-2004, 02:43 AM   #6
Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Hi,

i will join the list here, I too get episodes of thumb twitching, I think its kinda neat and it doesnt worry me in the least. tends to ne when I lay down at night or am resting, then the thumb involuntarily twitches. There is a name for this its sounds like fascilations but thats deff the wrong spelling, it also benign, so not serious.

Dont Worry!!

Closed Thread