It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 04:39 PM   #1

slyJohn HB User
Post pain in left leg

Hello to all. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right forum but hopefully someone can help me. Back in November I started getting lots of twitching in my left leg. I still have it to this day and it has caused me so much grief that I now also have anxiety attacks. Earlier this year in March those twitches also started to become accompanied by a very dull chronic pain in my upper left thigh and groin area. This pain is worse when I am sitting down. About a month later, I started feeling warm and cold spots all around my left leg. But now its mostly cold spots. It feels like cold water dripping inside my leg. These seem to start on after sitting for a period of time or even standing for a period of time. Recently, I have started feeling these cold spots in my right ankle also and sometimes I feel them on my arms and back. All these symptoms though seem to be centralized in my left leg. What may the problem be? Does a pinched nerve sound logical? I really hope that's all it is. I am 20 years old if that helps to rule out any certain neuro diseases. I have an EMG test on June 2nd. And I hope they find something that can be corrected easily because I have been stuck with this pain for the longest and it's really affecting my everyday life.

Old 05-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
Hello slyjohn -

You are right to get an EMG. That will tell if there is any nerve conduction problem. I've had it in my legs due to herniated discs in my back.

About the twitching, you might want to cruise the "Restless Leg Syndrome" board, too. I think they can shed more light on the subject.

When you go for your EMG, you will be asked to remove your pants and put on a hosptial gown. I get around this by wearing loose-fitting gym shorts to the appointment. It might make you more comfortable.

If you want to try an experiment, take a hair brush with somewhat stiff tines, and gently brush it over the spots in your leg. Do you feel a difference in the way the brush feels on your skin? If you do, something might be affecting your nerves in that area. You just can't do it with your fingers because you are getting tactile responses from your fingers as well as your legs, so the "feeling" is a result of 2 inputs.

jdog

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 07:03 PM   #3

slyJohn HB User
thank you for the reply. The cold needle/pin like feelings that I feel around my body are really starting to bother me. It this a neurological or vascular problem? Heck can anxiety do this? I just don't know. My body lately feels everything and it's really freaking me out

Old 06-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #4

lilah HB User
Anxiety can certainly make things alot worse and in severe cases cause things. I would suggest you also talk to your doctor about the anxiety. Good luck!

Old 06-03-2003, 09:20 AM   #5

slyJohn HB User
Well my EMG turned out normal. I dunno what to do now. I want to find out what is causing this pain in my leg. Are there any muscle tests that I could have done...

Old 02-25-2007, 05:27 AM   #6
(male)

GJSTE HB User
Re: pain in left leg

This is a very old post and i was wondering if there was any update on the findings?

Closed Thread