It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 05:14 PM   #1

harding2 HB User
Unhappy Pain Between Vagina and Buttocks - Please Help

Please someone help me!

For two months, I have been experiencing pain (burning, tingling, pins and needles) in the area between the opening of my vagina and my left butt cheek - it is virtually in the crease where my thigh meets my buttocks.

I have been screened for STDs, particularly Herpes (viral culture) because among other things the pain seemed to come with menstrual cycles, but all of my tests were negative. Now the pain is fairly constant. I have gone to the chiropractor, and he did not detect anything that would cause him to think it was a disc issue.

Just today, I isolated a spot in this area and touched it and almost screamed. I immediately felt pain radiate through my genitals and and my left butt cheek.

I am going to the gyno next month, but I am going out of my mind with this pain.

I've tried pain relievers, topical treatments, antihistamines and nothing gives me any relief.

Sitting for long periods of time absolutely makes me feel worse - but otherwise, I am extremely active - running and lifting weights 4 or 5 times a week.

Can anyone relate at all?

Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harding2 For This Useful Post:
LindaLG (06-19-2012), mpury (08-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
(female)

dizzy572 HB User
Did you ever have an episiotomy? That can cause scar tissure to form. Or even dilation of viens in the area can cause a discomfort. Also get checked to see if you have a yeast infection. And the only other thing I can think of is internal hemmoroids......they can put pressure on nerves.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2003, 07:06 PM   #3

daybyday HB User
could be from an old scar as suggested by another! sounds like a pinched nerve, would not want to be in your place right now, sounds like it must be awful to try and explain this to different doctors,, also some medications do flare up nerves in the strangest places, hoping you find out, and please share with us if it is not too personal...

Old 10-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #4

carebear73 HB User
Hi. I too am having a lot of pain in my groin, vaginal and buttock area. I woke up the other day and was in severe pain that I went to the hospital. I just had an ultrasound this morning and everything was fine. I am getting a burning, sharp pain in that region. I know my back is out of place right now.. and I have been getting sciatic nerve pain in my buttock and left leg. I am wondering if it is possibly nerve pain. I have never had anything like this before and it is scaring the heck out of me because it is so painful. Does anyone know if back pain and nerve pain can cause groin pain? The day after it happened I felt all bruised. There is a very tender spot to touch in my groin area. I went to get up off the couch today and my back went clunk clunk clunk. Like it went back into place. But the pain in my groin is still there, just not as severe. I have major health anxiety and of course imagine the worst possible scenario. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 10-08-2003, 04:17 PM   #5

carebear73 HB User
I know what you mean about sitting.. It feels better when I lay down. Does it feel better when you lay down too?

Old 10-19-2003, 09:51 AM   #6

Nicki1966 HB User
I have been having a similar problem for the past 15 months. I have had various tests, incl laproscopy, tested for infections, put into temp menopause, checked for cysts etc. However, the docs seem to have narrowed it down to a nerve problem. My gynae thinks it could be the Pudendal nerve but my pain management doc thinks it could be the Sacral nerve.
Either way the pain is so bad at times that I don't know what to do. It begins in one place inside the vagina and then moves out into my back and genitals. It feels like I am being burned inside.

Closed Thread