It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

Alanac HB User
Unhappy Strange goings ons

Hii I've been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and im only 17. The pain is on both sides of the face in the first and second branch of the nerve. Ive also been experience many other strange symptoms and they are occuring a lot more frequently and getting worse (the TN is also getting worse). Whenever I get warm my neuralgia triggers causing a lot of pain, but sometimes at the same time I will get a similar electric shock pain going down my back and/or spreading across my shoulders. I feel constantly tired and really struggle to stay awake during lessons and focus on work, im constantly yawning and it can be quite annoying at times. Ive been getting random numbness in places but mostly in my toes and it can get quite painfull at times. I often have trouble with my vision, sometimes going blurry or struggling to focus. I am also very sensitive to the cold, I have raynauds which doesnt help but I am generally more sensitive than anyone I know. I was just wondering could anyone give an idea of what could be going on and what to do about it please??
Much thanks

Old 09-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Strange goings ons

Alanac:
Have you had any testing? MRI of the brain? Could it be MS. i don't know all the symptoms of MS but one of them is the vision problems you are having. Do you get any tingling on the top of you head? I was just wondering because that is what i am suffering with and i have gotten no answers. I also get pain on my face. It seems like it is jaw pain. Also severe neck pain. Could be TMJ. Hope you get answers soon. But you really need to go to get some testing if you have not already. Let me know. LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
(female)

Alanac HB User
Re: Strange goings ons

No havnt had any testing yet although going to ask my doctor about having an MRI. I do get some strange tingling sensations on top of my head, although I have noticed I seem to get this strange burning sensation always on the same place on top of my head, its like someones pressing a hot coin against my skull. I think it's highly likely to be MS considering my age and the fact my TN is bilateral, just dont know :S. Hope you find some answers soon too! Alana

Closed Thread