It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Nerve damage? please help!

Hello all, I have a question or two about nerve damage. I am wondering if I have some nerve damage in my arm where blood is drawn. A little over a year I had a nurse who did a terrible job trying to get blood from my arm. She poked the same vein 9 times and I felt a searing tearing pain as she moved it in a different angles. She was in training. I was in tears and told her to stop. She never did find a vein and I left in tears. I could tell it was wounded. I came back a few days later to complain to the doctor and asked to be sent for an ultra sound of the vein to make sure there wasn't bleeding or a clot from something she did. Anyhow...from time to time is twinges with a little shoot pain. Now after doing some arm weights at the gym (a year later) the pain is back in that area. It woke me up in the night. It can feel like a buring sensation in the skin or a shooting sensation leading to other parts of my arm. It's been several days (no redness at all ) but I can feel it thick in there like scar tissue. My other arm feels flatter there. In this arm it feels lumpy.

Question is...could it be scar tissue a year later? Could it cause the burning and tingling and shooting pain that I am talking about? What should I do? I am going to see a doctor at the clinic where this happened, next wednesday. It has me worried. I am a massage therapist so this could really affect my work. I had an ice pack on it the other day.

Thanks for any replies ahead of time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

annie42 HB Userannie42 HB Userannie42 HB User
Re: Nerve damage? please help!

I don't know if scar tissue can form in one year but I think it probably could. As for the burning and shooting sensation I believe this is from a nerve.

I think it's a good idea to go see a doctor.

I wish I could give you more input. I didn't want to see your post go unanswered. That's a lonely feeling.

Blessings, Annie

Old 10-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB Usercardshark HB User
Re: Nerve damage? please help!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. It could definately be scar tissue at the site that feels lumpy and hard in the area. Your symptoms sound like an irritated nerve. Normally if a nerve is irritated from an attempt at a vein it is immediate and temporary; however, if they continued to poke at it as much as it sounds than it might be irritated and something you have done as reagrivated in which just turning it wrong or laying on it wrong can do that. It is a good idea for you to go to a doc and have it checked. Pending on what you find out you might want to try accupuncture. I know having more needles poked in you isn't how you think of pain being relieved I'm the same way. I have had cancer and then neuropathy as a result of treatments and was dealing with severe chronic nerve pain to the point where doctors were discussing putting me in a wheelchair. I tried numerous forms of relief/treatment with little to no success. I finally gave in and tried accupuncture and it has been a God send. If it starts to flair up again I go get another treatment and am fine for months.
Good luck and hang in there I know how frustrating it can be.

Closed Thread