It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Support Groups

Does anyone attend Support Group for people dealing w/Neuropathy? I've tried to find one locally but haven't had any luck. I think it would be something I'd LOVE to be in.

Anyone in one?
J

Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User
Re: Support Groups

Hi again J - I lead a neuropathy support group, and find the group helps a lot of people. I joined the group when I was first diagnosed, became a co-leader, and then leader when the original leader died. The Neuropathy Association is a national group that can give you information on starting a group if there is none in your area. It's not hard, and it makes you feel better when you see how many people in your community are in the same boat as you. We have a great group. - Ruby

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby8 For This Useful Post:
RisingParrot (04-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: Support Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby8 View Post
Hi again J - I lead a neuropathy support group, and find the group helps a lot of people. I joined the group when I was first diagnosed, became a co-leader, and then leader when the original leader died. The Neuropathy Association is a national group that can give you information on starting a group if there is none in your area. It's not hard, and it makes you feel better when you see how many people in your community are in the same boat as you. We have a great group. - Ruby
Hey Ruby...that is what I'm after...being around others that can totally relate w/the issues that PN creates. My wife is AWESOME and is totally there for me...and does so much so I can deal w/what PN does to me but I'd like to sit down and talk w/others that deal w/what I do and also hear what works to help them.

VERY cool of you to lead your group...I'm sure everyone totally appreciates the time you put into doing that.

I just logged onto that website and will check it out....again thanks so much for replying.
J

Closed Thread