It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Pain...

I always have my usual PN pain...which sucks...but the last 2 days I have a new pain...and it for sure is NOT from my PN and it now has me a bit worried. For some reason my achilles on my left foot is causing me a LOT of pain...and what really worries me is that it is hurting almost if not more then the PN has for the last almost 2 days. I haven't done anything to hurt it so hoping I just pulled it/stretched it wrong. Guess tonight I'll try and ice it and see if that helps...if not it appears I MIGHT have to see the damn doctor...which will NOT make me happy.

Sorry....had to vent.
J

Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User
Re: Pain...

Sorry to hear about you having more pain to deal with! I know my feet just are not workin like they used to. I have fallen twice in last month and hurt ankle that is not fully recovering. Also more pain on top of feet. Hard to know what contributes to what!

The following user gives a hug of support to Capewind:
RisingParrot (06-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capewind View Post
Sorry to hear about you having more pain to deal with! I know my feet just are not workin like they used to. I have fallen twice in last month and hurt ankle that is not fully recovering. Also more pain on top of feet. Hard to know what contributes to what!
Thanks...I'm hoping I just pulled it a little...over time/ice(I'll do when I get home from work) it will feel better.

I've luckily stayed level for a while now and not fallen...SO sorry you have. I
m VERY careful to try and avoid falling...I use a walking stick when I'm out and there are a lot of people so that alone helps..and have a shower chair that really helps me a LOT.

I hope your ankle gets better fast.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Capewind (06-06-2011)
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
(female)

leighallen HB Userleighallen HB User

Maybe your achilles is hurting because of the way you walk due to your neuropathy. I think that happens to my hip. It hurts because of the way I walk to try to protect my feet. Just a thought, hope your well as can be very soon. Take care!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighallen View Post
Maybe your achilles is hurting because of the way you walk due to your neuropathy. I think that happens to my hip. It hurts because of the way I walk to try to protect my feet. Just a thought, hope your well as can be very soon. Take care!
It sure could be ...but I've had PN since around 07 and never had this issue. Isn't any better today....but I'm thinking along your lines....I'm maybe overcompensating for some reason. I'm just going to try and still take it easy and see how it goes. I don't want to waste taking off time from work ...seeing doctor...most likely at least needing an xray for nothing.

I'm pretty good w/dealing w/the pain...so as long as it doesn't get worse I'll just suck it up for now...only other thing I'm concerned about is that I'm on thinners due to me getting 3 blood clots in 3 yrs before finding out I have FFL...and w/my major diet change/quit drinking my INR has been OUT of wack for the past 1 1/2 months and they've adjusted my thinner amount...HOPE I don't have a clot somewhere.

Thanks everyone for their input...I do appreciate everyone's opinion and input.
J

Old 06-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
(female)

tbowles6 HB User

J.

It seems like things suck for all of us. Just in a bad mood today. My feet hurt so bad but I bought some mocassins today to I hope this helps.

Closed Thread