It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Smile NP and weakness

Lately I have experienced more weakness than pain in my feet or upper body. I generally go for PP treatmenat every three weeks; I extended that to a month and found that my most sever symptom was weakness: an over all tiredness that obliged me to sleep 10hrs a night, which is unusual for me and did not relieve the weakness. Nevertheless, I could continue to walk at least a mile sometimes. Has anyone had this experience. Would greatly appreciate any input in respect to this kind of reaction to PN.

All the best,
Awlright

Old 06-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: NP and weakness

My legs are VERY weak...ie: there is now way I could sit on the floor and get up w/o using my arms to pull me up. Now, I know my balance sucks but also when going up or down stairs I HAVE to use the railings....I couldn't just walk up them using only my legs...

and my hands are very weak also..not that I like to say this....but K has to even open my powerade a lot for me since I'm unable to. My hands are for sure getting worse.

Best of luck to you.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Smile Re: NP and weakness

Sincerely sorry to hear that my friend. I have problems going up stairs too, use a cane and hold on. But a week after treatment I pick up some strength and can do much better. It's when med is wearing off that the problem gets worse; I feel like I'm dragging myself around with heavy weights. But we're on our feet and I guess that's lucky. Let's do everything to stay there. I hope you don't have much pain. It seems it's either pain or weakness for me but never the two at the same time, strange. Then everything about this condition is strange.

All the very best,
Awlright

The Following User Says Thank You to awlright For This Useful Post:
RisingParrot (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlright View Post
Sincerely sorry to hear that my friend. I have problems going up stairs too, use a cane and hold on. But a week after treatment I pick up some strength and can do much better. It's when med is wearing off that the problem gets worse; I feel like I'm dragging myself around with heavy weights. But we're on our feet and I guess that's lucky. Let's do everything to stay there. I hope you don't have much pain. It seems it's either pain or weakness for me but never the two at the same time, strange. Then everything about this condition is strange.

All the very best,
Awlright
Thanks....and hope today is a good day for you.

I'm w/ya on the stairs...I call my cane a walking stick LOL..Kath says its bling since I got it at REI...but it is for sure something I use when we go out..I don't take it to work(it is in my Jeep in case i need it)but do about everywhere else....it helps me out and I think keeps everyone around me aware that I have it/watch out for me or I'll poke you w/it

I thought the "heavy legs" was only me...they feel like anchors a lot of the time...

I totally agree w/us being lucky..as I tell my friends...if I can get out of bed that alone is a great thing...going to work is a HUGE positive and like you i want that to continue.

PN for sure is one odd puppy...hard to explain but does kick your butt.

Thanks for the kind words...and hope today is a good one for you...the weekend is almost here
J

Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Your telling my most recent symptoms. Was not sure what has been going on. Hard to get up after playing with granddaughter. Noticed stairs difficult lately. Then noticed hard to open things or carry things. Also fell twice in last month. SUCKS!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capewind View Post
Your telling my most recent symptoms. Was not sure what has been going on. Hard to get up after playing with granddaughter. Noticed stairs difficult lately. Then noticed hard to open things or carry things. Also fell twice in last month. SUCKS!
Getting down and off the floor is about impossible for me w/o something close for me to grab and help myself up...and w/my crappy range of motion w/my ankles it is that much worse...and w/ya on the opening things...drives me nuts

Sorry you fell...be extra careful...do you use a walking stick? Mine for sure helps me a lot at times.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Capewind (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
(male)

Smile Re: NP and weakness

Capewind watch out for the falls! This "Thing" is all about balance too. If it were not for my cane stopping it I would have fallen many times and really hurt myself. You learn to use it when there is nothing handy around to grab on to and does it ever work. It takes about 30% pressure off your feet and keeps your legs much more stable. There are all kinds. Get a fancy one and look cool; especially use it at home where it is very easy to trip and something always appears to be in the wrong place.

Have a great weekend,
Awlright

The Following User Says Thank You to awlright For This Useful Post:
Capewind (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlright View Post
Capewind watch out for the falls! This "Thing" is all about balance too. If it were not for my cane stopping it I would have fallen many times and really hurt myself. You learn to use it when there is nothing handy around to grab on to and does it ever work. It takes about 30% pressure off your feet and keeps your legs much more stable. There are all kinds. Get a fancy one and look cool; especially use it at home where it is very easy to trip and something always appears to be in the wrong place.

Have a great weekend,
Awlright
I totally agree w/awlright.

My walking stick is awesome...plus I can hit people w/it that make me mad LOL
J

Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
(female)

issabelle HB User

hi i too have the weakness in my legs and in my hands your not alone , my legs feel heavy and i feel about 90. i sleep a lot too .

The following user gives a hug of support to issabelle:
Capewind (06-28-2011)
Closed Thread