It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

jann71 HB User
Exclamation This pain is driving me crazy!!

My feet are killing me. It gets worse at night and wakes me up several times throughout the night. The burning and raw feeling along with other weird and extremely painful pains that I can't even begin to describe. I can't hardly stand to touch my own feet, it hurts so bad. Am I the only one that feels this way? Is there anything that you know of to help with the pain? I can't take neurontin, it makes me bite my tongue in my sleep. Nothing else has worked. I need help before I go insane. It gets so painful I just about scream. I'm so tired of this. Will this ever lessen or will it get worse? Please somebody tell me something. Thank you so much!

The following user gives a hug of support to jann71:
Ihate2w8 (07-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User
Re: This pain is driving me crazy!!

I feel your pain, you are NOT alone by any means. Have you tried Cymbalta? I don't know if you have the following, a good Neurologists who specializes in neuropathy and also possibly a good pain mgt. doctor. Both of those are very useful to have and something else that might work for you is a spinal stimulator. Also just having a network like this to vent and get info is really important. Hope this is helpful and feel free to ask more questions, some of the folks on here are incredible. Good luck with everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to captinsane1 For This Useful Post:
jann71 (06-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
(female)

jann71 HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I've been on Cymbalta for years, before the neuropathy even started. I live in a very rural part of the country so I'm a couple of hours away from a Neurologist and pain management. Some other medical conditions I have make it hard to ride in the car for long periods of time so it's difficult to go to appts far away. And my primary prefers to treat everything so it's hard to get a referral from her. But you are right, I do need to see them.

The pain is almost too much to bear sometimes. I never knew there was pain like this until it happened to me. And until others have it they will never fully grasp the kind of pain and how bad it actually is. Words can't describe it accurately enough. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

Thanks again for the reply.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
(female)

costco HB User

you may have diabetes. Check whith your doctor to see if this is true. What you described is very serious.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

VERY sorry you are having a hard time.

Have you been diagnosed w/anything or are they still running tests? If so what tests have they ran?

I've seen 4 Neurologists, had a few zap test..more then a few blood test..spinal tap and they took some of my left ankle nerve to run a biopsy on.....and came back w/yes I have PN...and no they have no idea why...so just have to deal.

I'm in the process of getting off Neurontin and switching to Lyrica...what all have you tried for relief?

The pain is for sure like nothing else...I wouldn't even compare it to any of the 3 DVT's that I've had and they just plain HURT!!!

Hang in there and as Captin said this site is useful and please ask away w/any questions.

I hope you have a great Thursday.
J

Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

I noticed that you said your General prefers to treat everything for you. Would he/she be willing to help with pain management? My general handles my pain. A serious talk about how much pain you are in might be in order. I would also recommend looking into Lyrica.

Closed Thread