It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

Judy867 HB User
Electric shock sensation in hands/feet

HELP MEMBERS!!! Two weeks ago, I was spraying the roses for bugs. I did not have gloves on, and I got a few good puncture wounds from the thorns on the back of my hands. The next evening, I was inside, walked outside, and felt as it it was beginning to sprinkle. It was all over my body. Within the next 24 hours, I began feeling something like electric shocks going through my arms, legs, hands and feet. Now, it has primarily settled in my hands, occasionally my feet. I spoke with my doctor, who wants blood tests,, but I can see he does not have a clue because most infections from roses don't have my symptoms. No tingling, no numbness, no redness, no bumps -- just those awful electric shocks/bee stings all through my hands and feet. What should I do???

Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: Electric shock sensation in hands/feet

I get those blood tests done and go from there. If they don't give you any answers and you are still having conditions I'd ask my PCP to get me into a Neurologist.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
(female)

Judy867 HB User

Thanks so much for responding, Rising Parrot. I did have my blood work done
yesterday, and I will be seeing my PCP in a couple days.

This possibly could turn out to be temporary. Today (after three weeks) I barely noticed it at all. First time, but I will follow through. Thanks again!!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

Judy867 HB User

I'm brand new to this website, so forgive me if you already received a
reply from me ... Thank You, Rising Parrot, for responding. Symptoms
were practically gone today. First time in three weeks I have felt
normal; however, I will follow-through and see my PCP. Did my bloodwork
yesterday. Certainly something not to ignore, so thanks again. Judy867

Old 06-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

So glad you had your blood work done. If you don't get the answers from your pcp you MIGHT have to see a Neurologist.

I'm SO glad today is better for you. It's nice when a user on this board has a good day.

Take care and let us know how your blood work comes out.
J

Closed Thread