It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Leg Twitching...

In the past week or so Kath is telling me that while I sleep my legs are twitching a LOT. I notice in the evening they will esp. my left thigh and foot. BUT it seems this has gotten worse over time. I haven't changed any meds and am working the same job/driving the same amount.

Has twitching gotten worse all the sudden for any other users? I feel bad since apparently it is bad enough that she knows so it must be waking her up.

I always sleep on my sides and use a foam wedge between my knees...just not sure why this all the sudden got worse.

I still need to pick up my Lyrica from the RX and start to ween off the Neurontin so MAYBE that will help?
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: Leg Twitching...

Guess I was twitching again last night...Kath said that I didn't have my foam wedge between my knees..and once I did the twitching got less. So guess I'll have to try and make sure the wedge is placed better.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
(male)

WorkingDad HB User

I know you are referring to twitching, which I have on occasion as well. It seems to be in my lower back and legs. I seldom have any back pains. However, I frequently experience full body jerks while sleeping.
both of these involuntary movements have went on for a few years, which I always attributed to being tired or simply dreaming. As I look at all of the symptons I have had over the past couple of years things are adding up.
Hang in there and hang on to your wedge! On second thought, maybe I need a wedge as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDad View Post
I know you are referring to twitching, which I have on occasion as well. It seems to be in my lower back and legs. I seldom have any back pains. However, I frequently experience full body jerks while sleeping.
both of these involuntary movements have went on for a few years, which I always attributed to being tired or simply dreaming. As I look at all of the symptons I have had over the past couple of years things are adding up.
Hang in there and hang on to your wedge! On second thought, maybe I need a wedge as well.
Last night when I was first falling asleep I actually caught myself twitch...it was my right arm...w/in the last 2months or so the PN in my hands are MUCH worse...first thing in the am it is hard to make fists...

Guess PN is just trying to kick my butt even more....and WD I'd suggest you try a wedge...I NEVER sleep w/o mine.
J

Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User

RP, The twitcihing you are experiencing called fasciculation is quite common in PN. That is one of the reasons I had to stop sleeping with my wife, also named Kath, for Kathleen. In my case it comes and goes, but of course I cannot know before hand when it will get worse. Sincerely hope things settle down for you a bit. PN large, small, is an awful disorder and always painful. All best, Awlright

Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlright View Post
RP, The twitcihing you are experiencing called fasciculation is quite common in PN. That is one of the reasons I had to stop sleeping with my wife, also named Kath, for Kathleen. In my case it comes and goes, but of course I cannot know before hand when it will get worse. Sincerely hope things settle down for you a bit. PN large, small, is an awful disorder and always painful. All best, Awlright
Never knew that...thanks

LOL about us having Kath's

I'm w/ya...and oddly it doesn't usually happen when I'm busy/at work...more in the evening/night...when I'm relaxed or in bed.

I agree...PN is awful and wouldn't wish it on my enemy.

Hope you are well
J

Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

This got a LOT worse since I started this thread...Kath is having to sleep on the floor some night due to my legs twitching/moving...

I went to the doctor last week and we talked a bit about it...w/him mainly asking K about it due to me only waking myself up at times...and the fact that I don't sleep through the night....waking up 4-6 times a night.

He is pretty sure it is RLS....so woohooo...I get to take another damn pill. He put me on Pramipexole 0.25mg tabs...I take one 30mins before bed...and starting tomorrow I take two 30mins before bed.

So far I THINK it is doing ok...well, K hasn't mentioned/I haven't noticed that she has slept on the floor...which is a good thing.

Am I the only one w/this issue besides WorkingDad?

Hope everyone has a Monday/rest of the week w/less pain.
J

Last edited by RisingParrot; 08-22-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
(female)

Pain in NH HB UserPain in NH HB User

MY right leg/foot does the twitching a lot. (Both feet are pn affected but I fantasize about stepping on a land mine and blowing off my right foot so I could get a plastic one)
I mostly notice the twitching when I'm sitting in the recliner with my feet up, relaxed. I didn't know it was from pn right away. I wondered if it had always done that and I didn't notice.... but it's happening pretty frequently now. Lucky for me it does not wake me up or if it does, I'm not linking the wake up to that. At least the twitching does not hurt me. The pain & burning wakes me up routinely if I can get to sleep at all that is. My Dan could sleep through a dynamite blast.

Hope your day is a pain LESS one

Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain in NH View Post
MY right leg/foot does the twitching a lot. (Both feet are pn affected but I fantasize about stepping on a land mine and blowing off my right foot so I could get a plastic one)
I mostly notice the twitching when I'm sitting in the recliner with my feet up, relaxed. I didn't know it was from pn right away. I wondered if it had always done that and I didn't notice.... but it's happening pretty frequently now. Lucky for me it does not wake me up or if it does, I'm not linking the wake up to that. At least the twitching does not hurt me. The pain & burning wakes me up routinely if I can get to sleep at all that is. My Dan could sleep through a dynamite blast.

Hope your day is a pain LESS one
My thighs/feet do the same twitching when I'm reclining.

Kind of a good idea about replacing a leg or 2

It is sort of funny how I'll be reclining and all the sudden wake up...I look at K and she tells me my leg went a few inches off the chair LOL

Thanks for the kind words and hope your day / week is pain LESS too
J

Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingParrot View Post
In the past week or so Kath is telling me that while I sleep my legs are twitching a LOT. I notice in the evening they will esp. my left thigh and foot. BUT it seems this has gotten worse over time. I haven't changed any meds and am working the same job/driving the same amount.

Has twitching gotten worse all the sudden for any other users? I feel bad since apparently it is bad enough that she knows so it must be waking her up.

I always sleep on my sides and use a foam wedge between my knees...just not sure why this all the sudden got worse.

I still need to pick up my Lyrica from the RX and start to ween off the Neurontin so MAYBE that will help?
J

Have same and am noticing more when falling asleep.
Swear by wedge and shoulder pillow too!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capewind View Post
Have same and am noticing more when falling asleep.
Swear by wedge and shoulder pillow too!
At first it wasn't too bad/looked at it like wow that is just odd...now I hate it.

Last night I took my one pill around 9:25p....10:15p I must have dozed off and woke myself up by a twitch because K asked me if i had taken my pill yet....and around 1:30a I twitched BAD and woke right up. I'm supposed to go to 2 pills tomorrow...I'm thinking I'm going to give them a shot tonight.

I LOVE my wedge pillow...don't have a shoulder one but now I'm kind of wanting one.

Thanks for the reply and hope your Tuesday is a good/less pain one.l
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Capewind (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
(female)

I find if am busy trying to do daily living, I can remove the focus on feet!
Amazing pain management. Hard to ignore hands because of needing to use them.
Getting harder to find enough strength in hands. Want to stay in denial about hands.
: [

Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I find if am busy trying to do daily living, I can remove the focus on feet!
Amazing pain management. Hard to ignore hands because of needing to use them.
Getting harder to find enough strength in hands. Want to stay in denial about hands.
: [
I've told a few here that I find if I keep busy/moving that the pain in my legs is better then if I sit around and do nothing...yes, it hurts to move around but it is MUCH better then the heavy/painful legs I have if I don't.

W/ya on the hands...they are a pain in the butt...my typing sucks and my writing is AWFUL at times..and nothing I have found changes that.

Hang in there and know you are NOT alone...vent to me if ya need
J

Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
(female)

Thanks
Do your know the SFN thread that is some gang on their second thread?
Peace to you

Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thanks
Do your know the SFN thread that is some gang on their second thread?
Peace to you
Which thread? Give me a link.
J

Closed Thread