It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User
New treatment, for me anyway??

I have recently learned of a new prescription that seems to be helping some patients with are condition, PN OR SFN. It may be an old product that I have actually not tried yet. I tried a few different creams and ointments that are prescription but not this one yet. I have an appointment with my pain doc in a couple of days and after speaking with my pharmacist with whom I have a pretty good relationship, he informed me that this cream is helping several nueropathy patients that he speaks with. This is a mixture of Lido-cane, keto and gabapenten. The new part of that for me was the gabapenten which is as we all know the main ingredient of Neurontin and Lyrica. I wasn't aware they were putting this in a cream to put on affected areas topically. I'm pretty sure they will write me a script if I want to give it a try. I will let you all know if it helps even a little or if it doesn't. I was just wondering if any of you have tried this or even heard of gabapenten being in the form of a cream like I've described. I know you have to go to special pharmacy's that are certified to mix these special prescriptions. Please let me know if any of you have any info on this product and I will do the same, as we all know every little bit of help is important to us. Hope you're all having a good day or at least a good day for us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captinsane1 For This Useful Post:
hatemyfeet (01-24-2012), June89 (03-22-2012)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: New treatment, for me anyway??

I personally haven't heard of anything like this.

Please keep us informed....I for one would love to hear how it works for you.

Thanks for posting.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User

[QUOTE=captinsane1;4798512]I have recently learned of a new prescription that seems to be helping some patients with are condition, PN OR SFN. It may be an old product that I have actually not tried yet. I tried a few different creams and ointments that are prescription but not this one yet. I have an appointment with my pain doc in a couple of days and after speaking with my pharmacist with whom I have a pretty good relationship, he informed me that this cream is helping several nueropathy patients that he speaks with. This is a mixture of Lido-cane, keto and gabapenten. The new part of that for me was the gabapenten which is as we all know the main ingredient of Neurontin and Lyrica.

there is an ointment that you can get from your pain doctor it is mixter of three medications. mine is of gabapenten, amitryp and lido-can. they sent it to a pharmcy that mix and deliver it to you. talk to pain doctor about. i know this is a later respond but i just read the post

cocoa

Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Been gone awhile.
SFN use Tramadol to get through school. Barely helped. Now xeroxing off 25 a week. It disturbed sleep ( already ruled by feet ), nausea and unable to eat enough plus very anxious exasperating my Bipolar. Found out Tramadol has some SSRI in it, A no do no go!
I am extremely interested in this cream and a description some maybe can get it.
Thanks for share!
Peace, Beth

Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Been gone awhile.
SFN use Tramadol to get through school. Barely helped. Now xeroxing off 25 a week. It disturbed sleep ( already ruled by feet ), nausea and unable to eat enough plus very anxious exasperating my Bipolar. Found out Tramadol has some SSRI in it, A no do no go!
I am extremely interested in this cream and a description some maybe can get it.
Thanks for share!
Peace, Beth

Reply Reply