It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

Ihate2w8 HB UserIhate2w8 HB UserIhate2w8 HB User
Lyrica increase

So yesterday I increased my Lyrica to 600 mg, which is the max dosage. Most of my symptoms seem to have improved.

Now my feet are so tight, stiff & it hurts to walk. Not the same kind of pain that I've been having, this is different.

I also got a cramp in my leg this morning. First time in many, many years. Not sure if that's just a coincedence or somehow related?

Going to continue with the 600 mg & see if it continues to improve my symptoms & if these new one continues I have no idea what I can do to improve them. Any suggestions welcome. Anyone else have this?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: Lyrica increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihate2w8 View Post
So yesterday I increased my Lyrica to 600 mg, which is the max dosage. Most of my symptoms seem to have improved.

Now my feet are so tight, stiff & it hurts to walk. Not the same kind of pain that I've been having, this is different.

I also got a cramp in my leg this morning. First time in many, many years. Not sure if that's just a coincedence or somehow related?

Going to continue with the 600 mg & see if it continues to improve my symptoms & if these new one continues I have no idea what I can do to improve them. Any suggestions welcome. Anyone else have this?
Hi Patti...last week they asked if I wanted to increase mine to 600mg...but w/the numbness issue I was having I decided to jump ship.

Sadly the numbness hit me again last night...so seems it might not have been the Lyrica...but haven't been on Neurontin for even a week yet so I'm being patient.

What symptoms improved?..VERY happy about this might I add

When did you change your dose? I hope your symptoms get better w/each day.

Great seeing you around.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

The numbness is gone for the first time in 2 yrs! It's incredible! The random shooting pain is no where near as often. The throbbing in my toenails is gone & the burning seems to be gone.

It's just this weird soreness, stiffness that's left that I never had before.

I increased the dosage yesterday at lunch so I've been on it for a full day now. I'm hoping that this new pain eventually goes away, too.

I hope that you find relief & aren't in pain tonight.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Right on!!!! Very happy to hear this information.

Thanks...I just try and deal....hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

NOW get out and enjoy the day in less pain then you have been in.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Ihate2w8 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Hi Ihate2w8 (love that name) I am speaking for my husband. He was on 900mg lyrica for 8 months until the insurance suddenly informed him they will only cover 600mg a day. He started retaining a little bit of water in his feet and ankles causing some stiffness and pain. He was having bad cramps in his feet, calf, upper thigh and they were waking him up at night. He is trying valium and baclofen and it is helping. Just alittle info for you. I hope you pain eases up or better yet go away! Take care

The Following User Says Thank You to dee088 For This Useful Post:
Ihate2w8 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee088 View Post
Hi Ihate2w8 (love that name) I am speaking for my husband. He was on 900mg lyrica for 8 months until the insurance suddenly informed him they will only cover 600mg a day. He started retaining a little bit of water in his feet and ankles causing some stiffness and pain. He was having bad cramps in his feet, calf, upper thigh and they were waking him up at night. He is trying valium and baclofen and it is helping. Just alittle info for you. I hope you pain eases up or better yet go away! Take care
Hi Dee! Thank you for liking the name! lol Unfortunately, patience is not one of my better qualities! lol

Thank you for replying. I've been told that the max dose for Lyrica is suppose to be 600 mg so maybe that's why the ins company said what they did?

Good to know that I can start retaining water. I'll definately watch out for that. And with you saying that your husband is having cramping makes me wonder if my cramp was from the increase. I'll have to watch for that. Not a good side effect, but in the big picture, much better than what we deal with without the meds!

I hope that your husband is in less pain. Thank you again for replying. I really appreciate it!

Patti

Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Patti, my doctor also mentioned swelling of my ankles while on Lyrica but again so happy you are feeling better and hope it continues.
J

Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User

[QUOTE=Ihate2w8;4815839]The numbness is gone for the first time in 2 yrs! It's incredible!

Hi Ihate2w8 - Your post seems to say the Lyrica took away the numbess, but I must be reading it wrong because Lyrica cannot take away numbness, it can only help the pain. If your numbness went away, my understanding is it would have to be an indication of the nerves having healed. What am I misunderstanding? - Ruby

Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #9
(female)

[QUOTE=Ruby8;4816267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihate2w8 View Post
The numbness is gone for the first time in 2 yrs! It's incredible!

Hi Ihate2w8 - Your post seems to say the Lyrica took away the numbess, but I must be reading it wrong because Lyrica cannot take away numbness, it can only help the pain. If your numbness went away, my understanding is it would have to be an indication of the nerves having healed. What am I misunderstanding? - Ruby
I don't know what to say regarding what Lyrica is "suppose" to do & not "suppose" to do. All I can tell you is that my feet have been numb for about 2 yrs & I've increased the Lyrica to the max dosage & ever since then the numbness is gone. I highly doubt they nerves have "healed", but am not willing to reduce the Lyrica dosage to find out if the numbness comes back b/c the first time in a long time my feet aren't is as much pain as they were once in.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingParrot View Post
Patti, my doctor also mentioned swelling of my ankles while on Lyrica but again so happy you are feeling better and hope it continues.
J
Thanks, J. I wonder if I take Lasikx if that will counter act the water retention? Hmmm, something to ask the doctor as he did have me on Lasix with another med I was on.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User

Hi Ihate2w8 - I am SO happy for you! Oh the mysteries of neuropathy and meds. Thanks for posting. - Ruby

Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby8 View Post
Hi Ihate2w8 - I am SO happy for you! Oh the mysteries of neuropathy and meds. Thanks for posting. - Ruby
Thank you, Ruby.

I really don't know why the numbness has gone away. Maybe I'm just having a few awesome days in a row??? I don't know!!!! But like I said, I'm too afraid to change anything at this point b/c I'm afraid of jinxing myself!!! lol

Patti

Old 08-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

Patti..,.how you doing? Hope the Lyrica is working great for you and your weekend is going great.
J

Closed Thread