It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User
Anyone have . . . After EMG?

Recenty and finally had EMG. Has anyone had their burning turn to numbness after an EMG test?
Slow process but getting help in Boston. Did not expect much from EMG but told most likely SFN.
I think numb is not so good!
Doing Meth B12 5mg day.
Balance starting to go. : /

Hope others here are ok. I will catch up to posts.
Peace

The following user gives a hug of support to Capewind:
Pain in NH (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
(female)

Pain in NH HB UserPain in NH HB User
Re: Anyone have . . . After EMG?

I had no issues with the EMG or the nerve conduction test except I hated the needles part. I tried to get seen in Boston but the referral I had was for a Dr. Anne Oaklander in Mass General - that was not excepting any new patients, not even a really long waiting list. A doc in her office - 8 month waiting list and his "references" didn't impress me. I wound up going to Lahey 5 month wait, and that doc (Thomas I think) totally dropped the ball.

I hope you get things straightened out and get the feeling and balance back.
Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Pain in NH For This Useful Post:
Capewind (08-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
(male)

howardman652 HB User

hello jef from lowell ma we have neuropathy in feet all day constant pain increases upon wakening in the morning feet feel like there cold and ready to fall off pain on the toes I take percocet 4 a day 1 tab 10.325 every sis hours for relief its has been at it worset since i had a carcinoid tumor removed it has been bad i also have meralgia paraesthetica apinched nerve in my back causing some of the pain down my left leg its been so bad I cannot do much i nap is the afternoon when the pain is at its worst. have not heard of treatment that works lawrence massachusetts one city over from me has a few doctors who treat it merrmack chiropractors
has a few chiroprators that use electricity tens for it and the say it helps got to try it

Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
(male)

howardman652 HB User

hello I have neuropathy in feet to and have been looking for help i have seen a few of our free newpapers and i found this chiropractor in methen mass he treats neuropathy with out drugs his name is dr jin Sung

Last edited by moderator2; 08-23-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: doctors by name, city and state only - no other contact details please

Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

not after a test....first my feet hurt a little...saw pcp then foot doc then Neurologist...but then they hurt a LOT....had the zap test(ended up being one of 4 and ended up seeing 4 Neurologists)....then it went to my hands and like you...my balance went to crap!!! Fell a few times and now use a shower chair and keep a walking stick in my Jeep so I have it if K and I got out/to mall ect.

I have PN and I Just take it one day at a time...slow and steady.

I take 3600mg of Neurontin...I tried Lyrica w/o luck so went back to Neurontin...it doesn't get rid of the pain that I have from the time I wake up till I go to bed BUT it makes it so I can work which is important...my work knows about my condition(I work in an office) and doesn't ask me to do things which would be something i could hurt my self doing.

I hope you have a great less pain day.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Capewind (08-23-2011)
Closed Thread