It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
(female)

MichG HB UserMichG HB User
Difficulty walking

I am having a BAD day today - I am having difficulty walking - its just too painful and I wonder if this is my PN getting worse or whether tomorrow will be better. Its 14 months since I was diagnosed with Idopathic Periperhal Neuropathy but I have been able to accept it and cope realizing my limitations and using a wheelchair when I expect to walk distances but day to day with my Lyrica, I have been able to cope but not today. I need to function normally, I need to work, I need to fight this depression and to stop crying and feeling sorry for myself but its not working today

The following user gives a hug of support to MichG:
Pain in NH (08-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
(female)

Pain in NH HB UserPain in NH HB User
Re: Difficulty walking

I expect lots of us have days like that. Neuropathy pain is debilitating and everyone reacts differently. If I try to do just a little more walking or standing than the minimal amount I'm in the same boat with you, with ice packs on the feet. The depression is a hard fight. We've all lost a lot of ability to do everything we want. Hope can be damned slippery and hard to hold on to. Some days all you can do is concentrate on just getting through the day. Do only what is absolutely necessary and the rest will have to wait.
Hang in there hon

The Following User Says Thank You to Pain in NH For This Useful Post:
MichG (08-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

VERY sorry you are having an extra bad day. As NH said most here probably have had more then one day like you...so you are NOT alone.

Try and stay positive but also don't keep the pain inside. I've had the same Diag. as you since 07 and over the past 2yrs or so I've learned a good support group is VERY important.

Depression can really kick us w/these conditions butt. Try and fight through that. Are you taking any other meds to help you PN beside Lyrica? How much of a dose are you on? I used to love my Lyrica....but sadly I had to switch to Neurontin..and recently tried Lyrica again it just didn't do it for me. I take 1200mg of Neurontin x3 daily. Most days it makes it so I can work my job....as I tell Kath...my day pain wise is either bad or awful.

Hang in there and again we are here to talk w/you.

I hope your Thursday is a better one.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
MichG (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

MichG HB UserMichG HB User
Smile Re: Difficulty walking

Thank you - I left work at lunchtime and came home where I slept the afternoon away and am now sitting watching the birds I feed and feeling much better about life and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichG View Post
Thank you - I left work at lunchtime and came home where I slept the afternoon away and am now sitting watching the birds I feed and feeling much better about life and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day
GREAT to hear. That sounds like a great afternoon!!

I own an African Grey Parrot that is 10yrs old now...LOVE hanging out w/him.

When I'm having that extra bad day and have to get around I use a walking stick...that thing has helped me a LOT...plus people realize I have an issue and will move out of my way. Just an idea for you.

I too hope you have a great tomorrow and a fun/good weekend.
J

Closed Thread