HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Neuropathy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/neuropathy/)
-   -   knee pain with neuropathy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/neuropathy/871968-knee-pain-neuropathy.html)

cocoa100 10-03-2011 08:09 AM

knee pain with neuropathy

is there any one out there tha havwe knee pain with there neuropathy? i get a sharp pain in my knee whenever i walk down steps and get up from a sitting position. if any suggestion let me know

cocoa

Wade 10-19-2011 01:05 PM

Re: knee pain with neuropathy

Hi Cocoa100,
I'm new here, but can relate to knee pain with Neuropathy. But I had two knee surgeries that the first one left scar tissue and cists which caused my knee to heal improperly. The second surgery was to repair what the first surgery was lacking, but my knee, leg, foot, and first toe starting giving me unbearable pain. Diagnosed with P. Neuropathy. The knee surgeries were due to a workplace injury that resulted in a bad Meniscus tear. I also have trouble with steps, and pain going from a sitting to standing position. I hope you feel better!! Good luck... ;)

cocoa100 10-19-2011 01:09 PM

is there anything you can do to help with the pain like excercise or something

staying strong
cocoa

Wade 10-19-2011 01:58 PM

I believe in exercising and stretching the muscles if it doesn't aggravate your condition. Exercise makes my pain worse at this time, but everyone is different. I would consult with your primary doc. and go from there. Hey I'm from PGH too!!! Good luck..;)

cocoa100 10-20-2011 08:41 AM

thanks i was in physical therapy seems like thats when it started they told me i would stop once i got uses to the therapy well now it done and the pain is still there. do not want to go the doctors because going to physical and occupational therapy,the pain doctor and filling perscription it is getting expensive and a lot time missing work. oh well

have a pain free day and keep strong
cocoa

Wade 10-24-2011 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=cocoa100;4864801]thanks i was in physical therapy seems like thats when it started they told me i would stop once i got uses to the therapy well now it done and the pain is still there. do not want to go the doctors because going to physical and occupational therapy,the pain doctor and filling perscription it is getting expensive and a lot time missing work. oh well

have a pain free day and keep strong
cocoa[/QUOTE]
Hi Cocoa,
I have been advised to go to PT again after completing 21 sessions. I honestly think that some doctors don't have full training in pain management and their final answer is to send us to theraphy which can't hurt, but doesn't always help. Also it's costly especially if there is co-pays. The whole Neuropathy process is painful, costly, and confusing. I want to fiquire this whole thing out and pursue every possibility because it feels like my neuropathy is only getting worse. I feel your pain!! Stay strong!! ;)