It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

Ihate2w8 HB UserIhate2w8 HB UserIhate2w8 HB User
Question Acupuncture for neuropathy?

Has anyone tried acupuncture for their neuropathy? If so, has it helped?

Old 10-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User
Re: Acupuncture for neuropathy?

Yeah I had 6 sessions and noticed no difference but as we always say that doesn't mean it wont help you. That's just my experience and I wont sugar coat my answers as I think that does more damage than good. You wont know for sure if you don't give it a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

Thank you. I appreciate your honesty & your responce.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

x2

P,

I've wanted to try acupuncture also...but not sure if my Hemo doctor would approve due to my FFL...he would NOT let me get a tattoo.

If you go please post up how it worked out for you.
J

Last edited by mod85; 10-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

J, I'll let you know how it was if I do. I'm curious, too. But I don't know that this would be a good idea for you. Sounds like it would be pretty serious for you.

Last edited by mod85; 10-24-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihate2w8 View Post
J, I'll let you know how it was if I do. I'm curious, too. But I don't know that this would be a good idea for you. Sounds like it would be pretty serious for you.
Cool...

I know...BUT if it would help w/my PN I MIGHT just risk it...

when my Neurologist did my spinal tap/removed some of my left ankle nerve they just have me stop my thinners a few days before and then up them a bit to get my level back up to between 2-3...

I just get mad sometimes...as I explain it to friends....I'm in a fight w/my own body.

I'm in a bummed mood today...not liking things so much right now.
J

The following user gives a hug of support to RisingParrot:
Ihate2w8 (10-25-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
(female)

J,

I'm worried about you. Are you ok?

P

Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

I was able to get out of bed and make it to work...that alone is something right?

Guess a good way to put it is aggravated/frustrated w/the whole thing. I take the pills that after seeing 4 Neurologists tell me should help...along w/the RLS pill and I'm still hurting...from what I found out for K the RL pill is pretty much useless...and the doctor said if that didn't help they want to put me on Cymbalta(which by the way the first Neurologist wanted to put me on)and see if that helps me.

I've been zapped/poked/had a spinal tap/MRI and they stole some of my ankle nerve for a biopsy which like all the tests before was useless AND my left ankle has shooting pains like no other part of my body at times....what do I have to show for it? NOTHING!!!! Now they want me to start a pill which 3 doctors before in around 07 wanted me to take...it is like this is a BAD joke...going around in circles.

I don't mean to complain and realize MANY more have it much worse then me...but I'm tired of feeling this way.

I just need to sit back and take it in...and suck it up. Nothing I can do about it so just have to play the hand I was dealt.

Just having a not so good day...but I'll try and do better.

I hope you are doing great!!!

Keep in touch.
J

Last edited by mod85; 10-25-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
(female)

You have every right to feel the way that you do. What we have is painful & disruptive to our lives. It suck to go to be at night knowing that when you wake up in the morning you're going to be in pain again. You get the point where you're at right now. We're doing everything we're told we should do but nothing is improving & sometimes even getting worse.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this & wish that there was some way I could make you feel better.

Know that I'm thinking about you & care about what you're going through.

Wishing you better days.

P.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

It for sure sucks that we know that the next day will still be painful but also that it could be worse and nothing we can do but HOPE it either gets better or our pills help.

I just need to do better....I know all that so should know realize that is life...and nothing I can do about it but put it in my head and just deal.

P..I appreciate that a LOT!! and you for sure are on my list of people I think about and hope are having good if not great day.

Thanks for listening to me complain...I'll try to keep that in better.

J

Last edited by mod85; 10-25-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User

Ok its a pity party and I want in,(just kid'n) these last few days have escalated to a whole new level of pain and I have no reason why.I'm so sick of this I cant even describe it anymore. Finally going to sleep at night has always been the best part of my days but even that has deteriorated these days and the pain is always there EVERY morning to smack you in the face and be the first thing I feel each and every miserable day. Now that father time has taken my best little friend of the last 17 yrs who I now realize was what helped me get through long, lonely and pain filled days I have no idea how I'm going to keep going and now as a kick in the face the pain level is being turned up. I'm not even going to say what I spend most my time thinking about these days, mainly because I'm ashamed of myself but I cant help it, life sucks real bad right now. I am so sorry to hear about your guys struggles but I do at least know what you're going through and I am very thankful to have had this site and you very special people to sound off with. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you all and myself.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: captinsane1
Ihate2w8 (10-26-2011), RisingParrot (10-26-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

My Dad had many sessions of acupuncture for his neuropathy and it did not help.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

captinsane1,

Sorry you too are having awful days...and again VERY sorry for your loss. Maybe one day they will find the right answer to help all of us to be pain free on a daily basis. Until then we just have to keep up the fight and work to find things that give us some kind of relief. Like you I enjoy sleeping...but the time you wake up can be brutal.

You for sure are NOT alone and we are hear to listen to you. Please get out what you need...don't keep those feeling bottled up.

Hope Wednesday is a day of less pain for you and all here.
J

Old 10-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingParrot View Post
captinsane1,

Sorry you too are having awful days...and again VERY sorry for your loss. Maybe one day they will find the right answer to help all of us to be pain free on a daily basis. Until then we just have to keep up the fight and work to find things that give us some kind of relief. Like you I enjoy sleeping...but the time you wake up can be brutal.

You for sure are NOT alone and we are hear to listen to you. Please get out what you need...don't keep those feeling bottled up.

Hope Wednesday is a day of less pain for you and all here.
J
must be somthing about yesterday for us all i had a bad day too to call of work. but all i can say is STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
cocoa

The following user gives a hug of support to cocoa100:
RisingParrot (10-26-2011)
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa100 View Post
must be somthing about yesterday for us all i had a bad day too to call of work. but all i can say is STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
cocoa
Very sorry to hear!!! I hope you and all of us here have a MUCH better day.

x2 on the Stay Strong and God Bless!

I hope you and all of us here have a MUCH better and positive day.

J

Reply Reply