It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
(male)

Blueskeys HB User
Question Answers?

I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy which effects me bilaterally from the middle of my rearend down. I have varying degrees of numbness that never goes away. My feet have started hurting on the bottoms and big toe on my right side. It started out with just the bottom of my right leg them spread upwards and across and down both legs about 8 months ago. It has stayd pretty constant but seem to be slowing getting worse. Now I am experiencing numbness that comes and goes in my left arm. It started up about 3 weeks ago and would come and go randomly. It has since increased in frequency and intensity. I am not sure what to do next. I did put a call in to my neurologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User
Re: Answers?

For sure see your Neurologist when they get back to you.

Are you currently taking anything for your PN?

Hope you find your answers and today is a pain free day for you.
J

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Blueskeys (11-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

RisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB UserRisingParrot HB User

Hey Blueskeys,

I thought about this post over the weekend...Have you heard back from your Neurologist?

Hope you have a great week.
J

Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
(male)

Blueskeys HB User

No I have not. I am calling him again as we speak. Thanks for responding. I really apprieicate it.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskeys View Post
No I have not. I am calling him again as we speak. Thanks for responding. I really apprieicate it.
Sorry to hear...BUT glad you are calling...sadly we need to fight for our own behalf a lot of the time. I'm on Neurologist #4 and will probably see #5 for my next apt. We deserve the best treatment available period.

I really hope they can help you find the answers you are looking for.
J

Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
(male)

Blueskeys HB User

I don't know who you are RisingParrot. But thanks for the concern. I can see you spend a lot of time on this message board. I hope things are working out for you too. My friggin' doctor didn't get back to me yet. I am a bit apprehensive about all this. I've done a lot of research and this neuropathy business is nothing to take lightly. I've been through HepC treatments in 99 and a number of other issues. I am not one to get alarmed easily but this can go either way. I believe mine is just effecting my sensory nerves at this point but this spreading from my lower extremities to my left arm is very disconcerting. Thanks agian for your input.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

It for sure is not something to take lightly. Hang in there and stay positive.

Thanks, I'm doing ok...I take my Neurontin and hope for the best

Hoping you have a pain free day and that your doctors get back in touch w/you.
J

Last edited by RisingParrot; 11-22-2011 at 07:28 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to RisingParrot For This Useful Post:
Blueskeys (11-22-2011)
Reply Reply