It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

Ontarioguy HB User
ReBuilder - waste of money or great device

I have read several posts discussing the use of the ReBuilder for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy. However, I cannot form a definitive opion on whether the system works. I have an inherited form of peripheral neuropathy and am open to trying any device that might alleviate any associated symptoms. Would the ReBuilder be a useful investment? There are a few issues that concern me, the variability of price being one of them. I have found the ReBuilder 300 selling from $650.00 to as high as $2000.00. A lack of consensus regarding its attributes is another problem. Some people claim the device is a waste of money while other have high praise for it. Are some people using it incorrectly while others benefit from a placebo effect?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
(male)

neuropathydr HB User
Re: ReBuilder - waste of money or great device

The ReBuilder works wonders. I am a retired neurologist who used to suffer from diabetic neuropathy. I prescribed Lyrica, Gapentin, etc for many years and then had to deal with the side effects of liver dysfunction and drug induced numbness.
When I found myself diagnosed with the very same condition, I tried those just to see if perhaps the drugs would work for me. They did not. Since several of my patients used the ReBuilder I bought one, even though there was not a large number of studies supporting it.

I was and still am, amazed. I have no neuropathy symptoms as long as I use it on a weekly basis. At first I used it twice a day for a month, then 3 times a week for another month. I got benefits the first week, and it got better and better for a month, and then it has been stable since then.

I would recommend it, and I do, to anyone who is suffering from peripheral neuropathy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Questions if you wouldn't mind please? I have neuro result of cancer trtmnt along with slight L leg lymphedema as well. OK to use Rebuilder with the latter? Also wondered if Rebuilder could help Parkinson's sufferers?
Later...Since writing the above have discovered that the TENS is available locally and much cheaper. Is apparently as effective?

Last edited by cejayb; 03-21-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
(male)

alecru HB User

I've heard other people say it has worked for them, but for me it's been a waste of money. I have been using it twice a day for 3 months and can not tell a difference. The one thing that helps is the foot bath that came with it, when I do the therapy I use Epson salt and it makes my feet feel better for awhile. Just bought a anodyne machine, I'm going to give that a try now. They also have much cheaper options on Amazon, I bought a machine called an Ultima Nuero for 100 bucks, I actually like it better. I think it is like $220 for everything.

Reply Reply