It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
in need of support

A bit of history first. I was a 57 year old healthy woman who was in a car accident Dec.09. I started noticing both feet cramping, extremely painful & going numb. This progressed all through 2010 & 2011 with a MRI, 2 x EMG tests with normal results, bone scan & xrays of both feet done. Many Doctors seen. All leading to idiopathic polyneuropathy.
Both feet are numb & always in pain, the toes do not move unless you manually move them. My hands are now cramping & tingling with pain especially at night.
I have just had a sural nerve biobsy above my right ankle , 3 days ago & I am experiencing electrical shocks up my leg & down my foot. It's awful, the pain makes you scream. This was done to reveal the type of Neuropathy I have.
I just want to know what else this disease will do & where is it going in my body. My feet,legs & now my hands. Why the electrical shocks? I know I was to have permanent numbness by the incision, but my entire ankle & top of my foot is numb. I am scared.

The following user gives a hug of support to June89:
Ladywolfe (03-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: in need of support

No need to be scared, well maybe of the progression but know you are not alone in this. I find your note of cramping extremely interesting. This is how my neuropathy started also. Doctors say there is no correlation but I do not fully believe that.

After reading about some of the others here you will know that you are in good company.

The following user gives a hug of support to tingles:
Capewind (03-05-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User

Thanks Tingles. The cramping in my feet was first ,sometimes I would get it in each toe, then the tingling then the burning pain. I believe it is also a symptom of neuropathy. Thanks again June

Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User

Hi Michael and tingles
This is such crazy thing, this SFN!! Mine was opposite to yours- mine started with the burning, electrical flashes, constant buzzing feeling. Then came the cramping. Oh so painful and mine is worse at night. Have tried Flexeril, Baclofen and Chonazepam to help stop the cramping, with very little success. Now I take a small dose of Ativan when the spasms in my feet wake me up and it seems to help the most.
Mine is so much worse when the weather is warm so, even though I love the sun, I am dreading the summer heat. But we have some more winter here to go so summer seems a long way off.
Take care and keep strong!
Daisy

The following user gives a hug of support to daisymaegrl:
June89 (03-10-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-09-2012), tingles (03-06-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
(male)

onmylastlegg HB Useronmylastlegg HB User

I wish I could ease your pain. The body is complex and sometimes doctors don't even know what is going on.

I hope you find relief.

We all have to stick together.

The following user gives a hug of support to onmylastlegg:
June89 (03-10-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to onmylastlegg For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-10-2012)
Reply Reply