It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

teeplanmyevent HB User
Angry Do I have Meralgia Parasthetica? Im not convinced. Long read.

During my pg, I had an open cervix, upon further evaluation, I was given the choice to have a cerclage, put in place. Once arriving to the hospital, I had dilated some more, and the cerclage, was no longer an option. I was admitted to the hospital, in order to be monitored.

Was in the hospital for approx 5 days, when I noticed chest pains. I only noticed, bc, I would sneak to the bathroom (after unhooking my lines). I then informed my nurses, who in turn told me, that it was prob bc, I had been immobile for so long. The pain was so intense, when I would walk, that it took my breath away. I felt like, I was suffocating. Anyway, I then told my doctor, about the pain, who then ordered an ekg and an mri. Once I received the MRI, I was told, I had a Saddle Pul Embolism.

They told me, it was so big, they were amazed, I was still alive. All the while, I remained at 97% oxygen stat. I was placed in ICU, not expecting to live, by the hospital staff. I, on the other hand, never really, understood fully the prognosis (no one ever came out to tell me, that this was a very fatal diagnosis).

Approx, 5 days later, I was diagnosed, w/ a collapsed lung. And two days later, I went into labor. She was born at 1.5lbs and later dipped down to 15oz. It was a week before, I was able to see her. Prior to seeing her, I was diagnosed w/ MRSA. I was discharged, from ICU, and given my own room. I was later, given a PICC line.

I was tested for Lupus as well. About two days before, going home, a nurse came in and said, did they tell you, that you had Lupus? I responded, by saying No. She then, took it back, and said, she may have gotten me mixed up w/ another patient.

The day before, I was discharged, one of the doctors, came to me and stated, that if I do live, that he will make me a case study. Bc, it is very rare, for pg women and their children, to survive, the conditions, that I had.

Over a yr later, I am now facing the battle of extreme leg pain. It first started in my upper thighs, becoming very hot, numbing pain, to the point, where I would be stuck in whatever position, I was in at the time of onset. It started so painful, it also, would make me fall, bc, leg would go numb.

Now, about 8 months after the onset, I am feeling the pain, in the joints of my leg and groin; on both sides. It is now spreading down my leg. I was initially diagnosed w/ Meralgia Parasthetica, but I wanted to be sure. So, I have been tested for Lupus and other autoimmune diseases, three times, since leaving the hospital. They all come back negative.

I also found out that I have Proteins C & S deficiency, this is why I have had so many miscarriages. I don't know what to do. I am adopted, so I am unaware of any family history.

I am on Amitriptyline, for chronic pain, however, it does not work. The Tramadol's help SOME, when they had me on Tyl w/ Codeine, it gave minimal relief, and they gave me Vicodin, but that was no help either. And bc of the many pain prescriptions they will not refill them anymore. I just want the pain to go away. I can't work bc of the pain and interferes w/ my caring of my child.

I don't know what to do, this pain is crippling. I am not convinced, that its Meralgia Parasthetica, but what else, could it be? They keep asking me, if I have back pain, and I dont.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
(female)

Amanda06 HB User
Re: Do I have Meralgia Parasthetica? Im not convinced. Long read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeplanmyevent View Post
.............. a yr later, I am now facing the battle of extreme leg pain. It first started in my upper thighs, becoming very hot, numbing pain, to the point, where I would be stuck in whatever position, I was in at the time of onset. It started so painful, it also, would make me fall, bc, leg would go numb.

Now, about 8 months after the onset, I am feeling the pain, in the joints of my leg and groin; on both sides. It is now spreading down my leg. I was initially diagnosed w/ Meralgia Parasthetica, but I wanted to be sure. So, I have been tested for Lupus and other autoimmune diseases, three times, since leaving the hospital. They all come back negative.

I am on Amitriptyline, for chronic pain, however, it does not work. The Tramadol's help SOME, when they had me on Tyl w/ Codeine, it gave minimal relief, and they gave me Vicodin, but that was no help either. And bc of the many pain prescriptions they will not refill them anymore. I just want the pain to go away. I can't work bc of the pain and interferes w/ my caring of my child.

I don't know what to do, this pain is crippling. I am not convinced, that its Meralgia Parasthetica, but what else, could it be? They keep asking me, if I have back pain, and I dont.
I have 'excruciating pain' that is a kind of 'pain attack' and during this episode, I sweat to the death all over due to intense pain that lasts for 10 minutes or so and after pain subside I need to change all of my clothes from neck to feet. During that attack, I'm totally crippled to crawling on the floor. However, luckily the med. Gabapentin 100 mg. tid helps and the med. also giving me good nite-sleep. Recently, I had this 'pain attack' because I didn't take the med. for more than a year thinking my pain went away. That was a terrible mistake I made in my life.

In the past years, I was on Vicodin and similar 'powerful med.' for my arthiritis in the spine and those meds. however NEVER touch my 'nerve pain.' Through the experience, I strongly feel that you need 'nerve pain' med. to alleviate your excruciating pain in the leg. I would suggest you to seek a competent Neurologist or pain-management dr.

Other things/questions you're asking in this thread, I can not answer, because I never experience nor heard about those health issues.

Reply Reply

Tags
chronic pain, lupus, protein s, pulmonary embolism