It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Frozen toes

I have neuropathy, being tested for SFN with a sural nerve biopsy 2 weeks ago. My toes do not move. I cannot wiggle them, or move them up & down. This has been going on for 1 year and my neuropathy for 2 years.
Is this a symptom of neuropathy?
Thanks June

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: Frozen toes

Hi, I would love to know the answer to this too! Mine have become more and more immobile but no one can answer me why. I have RA and SFN, and see both a neurologist and a rheumatologist. But no one want to tackle that question. I think it is because they don't really know!!!
Some days are better than others with regards to how much I can move my toes. Are yours like that too? Some days I can actually wiggle a toe or two, but then the next day, I can't move them at all! So weird!
I hope you get some answers!!!
Best wishes, Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User

thanks daisymaegrl, Sometimes my left big toe moves up & down without me doing it. My grandchildren call this my crazy toe. When my toes wouldn't move I was so scared, Iwent to ER right away. The DR there took the sharpest thing & ran under my heel to my toes. She said you can move them and left. I thought she was coming back to see me & a nurse comes in & says to go & see your family DR. I felt so stupid & that they were laughing at me. So humiliating. I wish I could of reversed the roles. Lets hope someone can figure it out! Thanks, June

Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User

Hi June
It is that attitude the appalls me!! There is nothing funny about the suffering of those of us with neuropathy!! And I would have done exactly as you did, gone to the ER!
I have Rheumatoid arthritis, so I am not new to the joint problems, but if it hadn't happened before, I can see exactly why you were concerned!!
I really hope that you don't encounter any other careless and heartless healthcare workers, but because our disease is "invisible", I guess it could happen again.
Because we look well, our disease is often dismissed. And we don't get the treatment that we deserve!
I am sorry that it happened to you!
Best wishes, Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

Thanks daisymaegrl. That incident really depressed me.
That is the best way to discribe our disease as "invisible."
Once I started using a cane people changed towards me. They kind of hesitated then said "can I help u in any way". My grandchildren said "grama u don't look like an old lady" Priceless!! I hope to find out tomorrow results of my biopsy, I hope it was worth it.
Take care & any info I get I'll share . June

Reply Reply