It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
(male)

italiannyc17 HB User
Anyone have a sunburn skin feeling?

I am going to a neuro because I have a sunburn feeling around parts of my body. It started 2 weeks on my left left leg. The sunburn feeling on my leg went away a week later, then the feeling went to the side of my back. Now its on my leg a lil again. No marks or anything, just the feeling of being sunburned when my clothes touch it or my hands. Just very irritating.

Any ideas on what it can be?

My doctor said the neurologist might wanna order a EMG , but do they do that on an initial visit?

Otherwise Healthy 26/M

Old 03-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Anyone have a sunburn skin feeling?

Have you experienced some sort of trauma or had surgery?

Whenever I see someone referring to a sunburn skin sensation I think of complex regional pain syndrome.

Usually an appointment for EMG will be set up after an initial consultation with the neurologist. Not all neurologists perform them, so you might be referred to another doctor.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
(male)

italiannyc17 HB User

Nope I havent had anything like that. I walked with these boots the day it all started all day, and they have somewhat of a heel on them, and I figured that was what caused this to begin with, because for the first few days after, my foot hurt in one spot.

I dont feel any pain. If I dont touch my skin or brush clothes against them, then I feel fine. For example, if I was walking around naked, id feel PERFECT lol. Just feels like my skin is sunburned when I brush something over it. Weird

The office I am going to does do the EMG there. I dont know if they do it that day though.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiannyc17 View Post
I am going to a neuro because I have a sunburn feeling around parts of my body. It started 2 weeks on my left left leg. The sunburn feeling on my leg went away a week later, then the feeling went to the side of my back. Now its on my leg a lil again. No marks or anything, just the feeling of being sunburned when my clothes touch it or my hands. Just very irritating.

My doctor said the neurologist might wanna order a EMG , but do they do that on an initial visit?

Otherwise Healthy 26/M

Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
(female)

Capewind HB UserCapewind HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiannyc17 View Post

Otherwise Healthy 26/M

Good to get EMG
You sound like nerve compression
Possibly spine
Did all test, hoped for pre-diabetes,
but got 'idiot'pathic small nerve fiber SFN
Going to ask for x-rays Monday in Boston
Hang in
Beth

Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
(female)

RedLily HB User
Talking Re: Anyone have a sunburn skin feeling?

I found an inexpensive and side-effect free treatment for the sunless sunburned skin sensation known as tactile allodymia! Despite not having seen the sun in months, my skin was screaming in pain to the slightest touch of cloth on it. In my distress, I thought outside the square looking for a possible way to alleviate this. So I figured that I had nothing to lose by trying an actual sunburn treatment, the ALOE VERA gel. It worked in mere minutes! Please try it for yourself, silly as it may sound - it simply works.

I developed this neuropathic symptom as I am being ailed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, suspected Lyme Disease. I just came out of a 4 day hospitalisation where I was bound to a bed in a ward room, haven't seen the sunshine in days, and we are in the middle of winter in Australia, so my torso has not been exposed to the sun in months. It is my torso that is the most affected by this sunburned sensation, so I can safely say that this is not associated with any type of ultraviolet light.

I hope this helps

Old 04-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
(male)

travis57 HB User

OMG! I am suffering from this. I have panic disorder and a bladder disease, 29 year old male, in very healthy condition, exercise and pretty good diet. I have been looking to get off the xanax after all these years and have only got up to 1 mg a day and am down to less than half that. I have been experimenting with supplements, L-Tyrosine, Magnesium Sulfate, Bee Pollen, saw palmetto, fish and flax oils. Anyway my doctor said i should try cymbalta to control my anxiety, and I have been desperate, and hoping then I could at least get off the xanax, but I only took it two days and was vomiting for a week. I have a very sensitive system, and ssri's and snri's generally do not agree with me. My doctor wanted to try Buspar, after extensive research I decided to give it a try and was only taking half the dose to start up, 5 mg a day, and after 3 days i upped it to the 10, and besides minor headaches and vivid dreams I was starting to feel better, I was super excited. I just wanted to feel normal again. I should also say I take several scripts for my bladder including elmiron, hyophen, and occasionally myrabetriq, qhich I had been weaning off of and trying to replace with natural stuff, like the bee pollen. Sorry for the long intro but I thought it was important. I hope that we can work together to find an answer/treatment. So anyway I was 7 days in on the Buspar, started with small dose, half the usual dose, 5 mg a day, after three days I bumped up to the 10mg. So Friday I felt a burning in my thighs on my way to the mall. It was very annoying, I went out to dinner and the burning just got worse. I came home and layed down, put a cool cloth on it and it felt a little better. The next day on Saturday, I felt okay initially, but throughout the day, I was outside and it just started to get warm out, but the I had a bizarre uncomfortable burning on my back and thighs. I I immediately begin to google the side effects of Buspar and found a few similar stories. So I decided to cancel that pronto, in fact I stopped everything, and the only two different things I had taken was the Buspar and L-Tyrosine, precursor to Dopamine. So I was convinced this had to be it. Definitely never had these feelings before, but it continued to get worse, and then I realized it seemed to be following touch, every part of my body that was in clothing began to burn, but in different regions at different times. The only different food item I have eaten is Pesto, just fyi. Yesterday and today same thing, mostly on my back but my forearms were cold and then turned hot! I feel like my nervous system is going haywire. I went to the doctors and he is running some tests to check for deficiencies, but he was quite shocked. From all my searches online it appears that it is either a side effect from the buspar, but its been three full days since I have taken anything, a neurological condition, or some type of nutritional deficiency. Any way its crazy how common this seems online. I went on a run this evening when I felt a little better, and thought that id sweat it out, but when I got home my entire crotch area became inflamed, I freaked out and took a cool bath, that settled things a bit, but this burning is driving me nuts, Any insight/advice would be appreciated! I tried aloe to no avail, and Benadryl does not seem to do much.
Thank you
Travis

Reply Reply