It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Electrical Shock Pain!!

Hi
Tonight I experienced the most painful attack. I bumped my leg near the incision of my biopsy. That pain shot down my toes, up my leg & back down to my toes. I collapsed in pain. It took an hour to stop crying. My foot & toes still hurt. I wouldn't doubt there was smoke coming out.LOL It's like what the H happened? These shock like events only started after the biopsy. No one told me this would happen. I need answers. My husband did not know what to do, he felt helpless.
What happens if I am driving (which i have almost stopped doing) or in a store? This is so unfair. Whats next? Sorry to sound so down but thats what I am, down in spirits. June

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Electrical Shock Pain!!

I do not know what to say other than the biopsy site should become more insensitive as it heals. Maybe you hit the nerve itself and that caused the shock. The nerve no longer goes to the foot but it thinks it does, this is called phantom pain. My biopsy is about five years old now and it is numb from the site into the foot.

I have pain in the opposite leg from my biopsy and I also have had to just sit down in the middle of a store or outside due to pain. I would recommend tai chi. After five years of tai chi I have less pain and more strength. The first year or two I could not make it through an entire class but now I do two hours a day.

I wish you well and that the incision heals quickly. It is ok to feel down.

The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
(male)

Arminoc HB UserArminoc HB UserArminoc HB User

Hi June,

Was this a skin biopsy? or nerve Biopsy?

Greg

Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User

I am so sorry June that you are in such pain!! I know of one other woman that had such bad reaction to the punch biopsy too.
I really don't know what to say other than to lend my support.
It is a struggle everyday to remain positive.
Your poor husband must have been terrified. I hope it is feeling better soon and it heals without a problem.
Best wishes for a happier day tomorrow!
Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (03-13-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Wink Re: Electrical Shock Pain!!

Thanks to Daisy & Tingles for your support. This healthboard has become my best friend, you people are all so wonderful. I had a better day today. I go to see my pain Dr. tomorrow. She is great. She understands the pain of neuropathy. My husband knows when to back off & let me go with the pain . He then comforts me. I am very touchy and do not let any people near my feet or my incision area. Monday I see the surgeon & hopefully my results.

Arminoc, a sural nerve biopsy is a test for further testing as if your EMG tests come back normal this nerve biopsy will determind what else it could be, like small fibre neuropathy. They take a piece of the sural nerve, above your right ankle. The other skin biopsy , sorry not sure.
If any one has anything to add to answer his questions please do so.

Thanks June

Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
(female)

Hi Greg,
Sural nerve biopsy

Reply Reply

« Capewind | Capewind »