It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

varias777 HB User
Question MRI interpretation, polyneuropathy

I am a 60 old year female with lot of suffering: my whole body is burning head to toe: pain in my arms and leggs, pins and needles in the whole body. It started september 2011 with the numbness in my right arm, hand. I tried PT with no results, and then accupuncture when the burning in my whole body started and never ceased. On dec 15th 2011 I had cervical fusion and discectomy on c5-6,c6-7, but no improvement for burning and pain, although the neurosurgeon promised 80% improvement . That was a lie. I am on Lyrica 150 mg a day with no relief. My upper body is always tight. After the surgery I started the PT and I got worst.
My MRI reads : There is mild edema signal within the cord ar the c5-6, c6-7levels, secondary to degenerative spondylosis. At c4-5, ther is mild bilateral facet and uncovertebral artropathy, greater on the left, with mild left neural foraminal narrowing. At c5-6, 6-7, there is degenerative disc desiccation and height loss with broad based hypertrophic disc spur complexes causing effacement of the thecal sac, moderate spinal canal stenosis and mass effect upon the cord with associated mild reactive edema within the cord at these levels. (MRI reading is before the surgery) Please help

The following user gives a hug of support to varias777:
June89 (04-10-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: MRI interpretation, polyneuropathy

Hi there,
I am so sorry to hear of your suffering! I am not experienced in MRI's, but if you post on the Pain Management board, there is some one there who can help you I am sure.
Just a suggestion.
I hope you find the help you need!
Best wishes to you
Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
varias777 (03-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply