It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
(male)

member1 HB User
Loss of sensation in body, loss of taste and smell

It's creeping up on 72 hours since this first started.

The other night before I went to bed I noticed my smell and taste were 95% gone, and I also noticed the sensation in my fingers felt weird, sort of like I had on a glove. I am still having this problem. I went to the ER, had a non-contrast head CT scan and blood work done, nothing showed, the MD showed no concern about my symptoms.

My symptoms were loss of sensation, taste, smell; Tightness/pain in chest; Sudden "choking" as if my throat closed, requiring me to cough; Twitching in neck area; Migraine w/ aura. I am also seeing a quick "flash" speck in the corner of my left vision (literally just happened again as I'm typing this.).

The MD pretty much only gave something for my headaches and stressed I am having possible anxiety problems. He instructed I need to follow up with a neurologist.

The simple question is, with my symptoms, what is wrong with me and what happened with my senses? I am relieved that my tests came back OK but am concerned something else is wrong.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Loss of sensation in body, loss of taste and smell

Sounds to me like a migraine. I can go blind and have autonomic symptoms with migraines, others have other symptoms. A neurologist would be a good stop to have your headaches and other symptoms checked out. Check the web for headache diaries and keep a diary will all symptoms and frequency for the neurologist. Also check out the headaches and migraines board to see if your symptoms are common.

The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
June89 (05-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply