It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User
Cymbalta Helps SFN

I want to share my latest experience with Cymbalta in hopes it helps someone else. I had taken Cymbalta for close to 3 years, ever since I was diagnosed with SFN. I took it along with just 300 mg 2 times a day of Gabapentin and was pretty much pain free (even though my SFN has progressed a lot and now my hands too are quite numb). Awhile ago I cut back from 60 mg to 30 mg a day of Cymbalta with no noticeable difference. Then I got the idea I would cut out Cymbalta all together (hate to take meds plus Cymbalta is expensive). Well I cut back slowly and had been totally off Cymbalta for over a month. Then I realized I just wasn't the happy person I had been. It wasn't that I had horrible pain, but I was always so aware of how creepy my hands felt, and it had become like I didn't even want to read a book because of the discomfort of trying to turn the pages with my creepy feeling fingers. Well, I went back on Cymbalta (30 mg a day) and now again I don't notice my neuropathy constantly. It may be difficult to turn pages, count money, etc., but it doesn't seem to bother me in the way it did when I was off Cymbalta. I know everyone is different in how they react to any particular drug, but for me Cymbalta is a miracle drug. Hope this can help someone else too. Best to all, Ruby

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby8 For This Useful Post:
June89 (04-21-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: Cymbalta Helps SFN

Hi Ruby!! So nice to hear from a familiar poster!!

I think that your experience with Cymbalta is a great thing to pass on to others! I was on it for a while, but noticed no change to the symptoms for my neuropathy, but I did notice how much better my Fibromylagia was!!

I am sad to hear that your SFN has progressed! Mine has as well. I now have it starting in my fingers. But I have really bad RA in my hands so they have never been in good shape!
I am not allowed to touch the good china, or carry drinks or heavy pots! But I am not happy that the tingling and numbness is in my hands too!

It is going on 7 years now that I have had this SFN. It is so hard to believe that we have dealt with it so long! But I am so happy that you have found something that helps!!!
Along with some small amounts of narcotic pain meds, the biggest thing to help me is the 1 mg of Ativan that I take at night. It just seem to "cool" some of the really bad symptoms as mine seem so much worse at night!

So glad to hear from you, just sorry that we are still posting on this board!!
My very best wishes !!!!
Daisy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User

Hi Daisy - So glad to hear from you too and glad you have finally found some relief as I know you tried everything before the narcotics finally helped. I always like to read your posts as they are filled with much kindness. Hugs and good thoughts to you. - Ruby

Old 04-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User

Thanks for the kind words Ruby!!
I just wish we had better news for each other.
I was reading your posts about the results of your IVIG- I am so sorry it didn't work better for you, but you really did give it the old college try! We have to be pretty dedicated as some of these treatments can go on a long time!
Take good care of yourself!
Daisy

Reply Reply