It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

Phoenix92885 HB User
Trying to figure this out...

I'm going to try and keep this from being super long winded so please hang in there with me.

I'm a 19 (a week shy from 20) year old female who has been experiencing various degrees of pain through most of my teenage years. I was born with a condition called Cleidocranial Dysplasia which in short just means I was born without either of my collarbones. The deformity effects my bone structure making it weaker but not dramatically, among other side effects.

When I first begin feeling my pain we of course thought it was growing pains since I was about 13 or 14 but the pain persisted after a few months. Because of my condition we came to the conclusion that I might have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Tests were taken but the diagnosis of JRA was proven false. My pain persisted. We didn't know why my bones would be causing so much pain. Being without insurance I couldn't just take tests left and right so I accepted my lot in life and learned to cope and accept it. It hasn't been easy but I've managed. I withdrew from my high school because I was missing a lot of days due to my pain. I homeschooled myself and graduated. But the pain I have suffered cost me a lot.

However my symptoms have seemed to increase lately. It was strange feeling more pain coming into the summer months when I was still thinking that my pain was caused by something along the lines of arthritis. In the past it seemed like my pain was more noticeable when it was cold or rainy but I'm beginning to think the connection between weather and pain was in my head. I'm not a fan of either types of weather. I had learned when I was happier or in a better mood, my pain was less. Basically the whole mind over matter thing. Plus, clinging to the arthritis diagnosis of some sort was better than not knowing what was wrong. A thought came to me one night, what if its not my bones doing this? What if its something else?

So I started doing research on my newer symptoms and my old ones started making sense! However, I'm worried that I might be jumping to conclusions just because I want finally have some sort of answer even if it might be wrong. So I'm coming to you guys to see if you think I have arrived at the right conclusion. My thoughts are that I at least have Ulnar Nerve Entrapment and possibly Peripheral Neuropathy.

Since I was young I have had a deep set ache in both elbows and both knees. The pain is sharp and burning. Lately tingling has been going on in the outside of my arm, the outside of my wrist, my whole pinky and in my ring finger. It was the strangest sensation when I first starting noticing it but I will also feel sharp shots of pain shoot from my elbow to those two finger. At times it'll make my shoulder or arm pit hurt as well. I have woken up in the middle of the night because one or both arms have the sensation of having "fallen asleep". From what I have researched that all points to Ulnar Nerve Entrapment.

Now, I came to the conclusion that I have Peripheral Neuropathy because those same pains are felt all through out my body. My lower back pains me at times, sending pain straight through my leg to my big toe. The outside of both ankles will hurt from time to time and my knees as well. They all have that deep set ache and the sharp burning pains. At times it makes me feel stiff and sensitive. Massaging the area occasionally works but it always feels like I can't get deep enough to rub the pained area.

Right now, my main worry is my elbows causing me grief since they are the most painful and are interfering with my sleep but my body is starting to wear down on me too. I apologize for my story being so long but I wanted to explain myself properly. What are your thoughts? What should my next steps be?

Thank you,
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix92885; 06-11-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
peripheral neuropathy, ulnar nerve pain