It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

sands819 HB User
trying to stay positive

I was wondering if anyone else is in my position. I am 30 (31 next friday) and have two small children, 4 and 22 months. I am in a lot of pain, and have been for years. But I have to keep going. Not only do I have to keep going, I have to at least try to be in a good mood. It is incredibly hard sometimes, but I feel that my children should not suffer with my bad moods and pain. They don't deserve it. I just wanted to see if anyone goes through the same thing. How do you stay positive? I think I am doing a pretty good job, but I could always use some tips.
I hope everyone has as good a weekend as they possibly can
Sands

The following user gives a hug of support to sands819:
tingles (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: trying to stay positive

Staying positive can be tough sometimes. You should be allowed some bad days. It really helps if you know that you are not alone in dealing with pain. Have your doctors suggested Lyrica or Cymblata for your pain. One is a seizure medication and the other is an antidepressant but they both can help relieve some neuropathic pain.

It can be depressing to be in pain every day. I keep telling myself this too shall pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

emmbee7 HB User
Re: trying to stay positive

I've been in pain since 2003 and keep receiving differing diagnosis.

I was told in 2004 that I have buldging dics in my neck but they aren't causing problems. Uh, wrong! That's why I got the MRI, remember? Then in 2008 I finally received a diagnosis of cervical radiculapathy (along with shots in my neck). Pain and numbing keep getting worse. I 've had many MRIs, CT scans, xrays, EMGs, and pain medications. I've been told by 3 different neurosurgeons I'm not a surgical candidate for radiculapathy. This year I was told that again and he added why: because I have tennis elbow! I said wow, first I've heard of that. So I finally see an Orthopedic PA and he says i have cubital tunnel (huh?) which is ulnar damage...just as shown on the last EMG. So now its more pain meds, re-aligning my work station so i don't bend my arm as much, a brace for sleeping (so i can't bend my arm) and an appointment with a hand surgeon in two months.

I say all this to say that its hard to be positive, but by the grace of God, I'm still okay. I've been in non-stop pain for almost 10years. I've been on too many pain medications to mention, but I'm still here - taking it one day at a time.

When it gets too hard, I pray and read my bible. Then I make myself do something to take my mind off the pain - walk, read, cook, sleep. And I think about all the positive things I have to be thankful for - like that I have an arm to feel pain and fingers to hold something.

Okay...enough of my long winded-ness. I hope something in this post is helpful.

Me

Reply Reply