It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User
living with neuropathy

i am 45 years old living with neuropathy since 2010. i have tried gabatine, lamotrine, amitriptripline, ultram, nortriptyline hcl and opan 10 none worked for one reason or another. i am currently on hydrcodone 10/325 5 times a day and carbamazepine 600 mg a day. my question is what can do to stop the pain in the bottom of my feet when sitting and the burning stabing pain at night when i lay to sleep. i have tried the cold foot bath ,the breathing exercise for the pain but it not working and i am getting very frustrated my weekends or no fun not being able to enjoy the summer activities from being in pain all week and lack of sleep at night. any sugestion will help thanks

cocoa

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: living with neuropathy

Hi cocoa
I have had exactly the same symptoms for 8 years now.
I have tried all of the things you have tried, as mine is so much worse at night. I went thru a number of different narcotics but they left me unable to sleep, still in pain and awake!! And I tried all of the other meds you mentioned.
So without painmeds, I have terrible long lonely pain filled nights. My doctor finally decided to try Ativan and it has helped me somewhat. It calms my restless legs a little and, in a small way, makes me not so anxious at bedtime when I know I will be in for such a long night!
Also I take really high doses of omega 3's, which has helped, along with a magnesium supplement.
Oh how I wish I had some answers for you!! I wish you well and hopefully someone else will chime in with some help.
Best wishes
Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User

Hi there. I just got back from the neurologists office today regarding neuropathy. My pain isn't nearly as bad as yours sounds. Also it sounds like you've explored a lot of meds. I know of one thing that helped a friend of mine greatly, obviously not a cure, but it just helped him relax and cope with the pain in the evening... It's a form of a foot massager, kind of a foam platform covered in "fake lambswool" with the same material covering the feet like a pair of clogs, and it plugs into the wall, with settings for various levels of heat and vibrating massage. I wish I could say the name brand, but that would be advertising, I think. He swore by this thing! He'd wear out one unit, and I'd just keep buying more over the years. Considering that he didn't take any painkillers for what was truly excrutiating pain, I was impressed and glad that these warming foot massagers helped him so much. Good luck!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User

thanks Daisy i will ask my doctor about the Ativan when i see her mondayans give the omega 3 and magnesium a try. tinorock thanks but no thanks for the foot thing heat and vibration is bad for my feet. vibration just make it hurt more

cocoa

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

cocoa,

Have you tried Lyrica? I use Lyrica and oxycontin and am able to sleep at night. I hope that you can get this worked out.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
(female)

bailey63 HB User

I have severe nerve pain from osteoporosis, arthritis and a fractured collarbone which required a bone stimulator. I still have pain 4 months after surgery and the bone stimulator is giving me pain. The only pain medicine that works for me is vicodin, lidocaine patches, and voltaren cream. But everyone has different things that work. I don't have any oher ideas.

Reply Reply

Tags
neuropathy