It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User
Something new !!

I have been following news on a very exciting drug called BL-7050 which is being developed in Israel. I decided to email one of the leading experts(Israel) in the world on the subject of PAIN with a question on BL -7050 and how far out this drug may be and how impressed was he(Dr. Devor) with this new med. First of all I couldn't believe he actually responded, they're usually way to busy. He was brutally honest and stated that it was years out if it even makes it at all but they are on the right tract he believed. What he said next did catch my interest, he told me to talk to my doctor about a drug he called Diclofenac and said it has other names. He said that this medicine works in somewhat the same manner as BL-7050 and that they have had some luck treating neuropathic pain with this medication. I found that this med also goes by Voltaren or Cambia in the U.S.A.. Its an anti-inflammatory medication, mainly used for arthritis. I recently found out I have a Auto Immune disease and am being refereed to a Rheumatologist to find out which auto immune disease I have(probably Lupus). I'm going to ask the Dr to let me try this med and see what happens. I thought this was somewhat exciting as its one I have not yet heard of at all. If I have any luck I will certainly let you all know. It just might be one of those meds that actually work well for something its not indicated for, hope hope hope!!! If anyone has already tried it please let me know

The Following User Says Thank You to captinsane1 For This Useful Post:
June89 (08-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: Something new !!

Hi Captinsane
Good for you for taking such a proactive approach in tracking down this med!!!
I also have an autoimmune problem - rheumatoid arthritis, and was put on this med quite a few years ago. The only thing I really remember is that is was kind of harsh on my tummy, but it is a good anti-inflammatory!
I hope it works for you!! I moved on to Methotrexate to help with the inflammation, but perhaps Diclofenac is worth a second look for neuropathy!
Thank you for keeping us informed!!
Best of luck to you!!!
Thanks again
Daisy

Reply Reply