It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
(female)

Donna M HB User
Need help w/pin***** sensations pls!!

I've had Type II diabetes for about 7 years now. I assume these pin***** sensations I experience fall under the category of neuropathy. I just can't stand them anymore! I get '*****ed' about every 15-30 seconds, day & night. I get them all over my body. They hurt & itch at the same time, and I have to rub/scratch the area to make it stop. Other times they feel more like sudden bee stings, and I literally jump or jerk the affected limb.

How are people supposed to get to sleep at night when they're getting stuck with pins?? Who can doze off under those circumstances??

I experience other neuropathy symptoms, also, which aren't fun, but at least they don't occur a thousand times a day. If anyone has any suggestions on how to find relief from these pin*****s, I would greatly appreciate it. Please, I can't take it much more!

Thanks,
Donna M.

The following user gives a hug of support to Donna M:
June89 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Re: Need help w/pin***** sensations pls!!

Hi Donna, I am sorry for your pain. I have these pin *****s all day long, not to much in the night, They do feel just like a bee sting. Mine come without any warning of when & how long it will last. I take pain meds for my neuropathy which includes oxicodents. Not sure ifthe drugs help. I use a long back sratcher & go for it. That helps. ,,,,,,,Sorry I have no idea how to get them to stop. Take care. June

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
(female)

Donna M HB User

Thanks, June. Sorry you have them, too!

I've been paying closer attention, and 15-30 seconds is a bit of an overestimate on my part. I guess it just SEEMS like they occur that often. Either way, they're driving me crazy.

Any other ideas that may help? (especially natural remedies). Anyone??

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

Donna,

I used to have serious issues the same as you are. I use lyrica and oxycontin to relieve the sensations, with the worst being at night. I can say both work after forgetting a few doses one week. That was a bad week.

Tingles

Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

Donna M HB User

Thanks for your reply, Tingles. Yes, the sensations DO seem to get worse at night. I take so many medications for other health problems, I'm hesitant to add another. When Lyrica first came out, I was sure tempted to try it, but couldn't afford it anyway. (Still can't). I also read too many accounts of people fainting and having other side effects. So my search goes on.

Reply Reply