It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
(female)

redjb7 HB User
Intermittant neuropaty all over?

In the last few months I was 1)diagnosed with carotid stenosis 2)started having neuropathy that began with my feet, up my legs, then hands, then face - intermittantly could be anywhere. It was coming and going on and off for weeks. Then it was discovered on a ct that I actually had extremely BAD stenosis on one side (none on the other - opposite of what the doppler had said). I was feeling dizzy. They did a carotid endarterectomy almost two weeks ago. I also had a nerve test on my upper body which showed no nerve damage, except for one little finger. I have had mris and cts of the head and neck prior to the operation - which showed no ms, but some small vessel disease in the brain. The neuro gave me some gabapentin to take - but no diagnosis. I do not want to take it because I really do not hurt bad, just pins and needles, and I need to get some weight lost so I have a better chance of my stenosis not returning.
I decided to take some b12, because my b12 was at the very low end of normal, but not sure what else to do about this, or who to go see to find out what it is. Why would it suddenly appear after I found out about my stenosis? What is confusing is that it comes and goes - and is ALL over, although on my face it is certain places. You would think a neurologist would be the person to go to, but I am thinking they are guessing as much as I am.
Any ideas?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: redjb7
June89 (09-02-2012), sconzette (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply