It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Trying a patch called BuTrans for chronic pain?

Hi
I am continuing my journey with this unrelenting pain. I have SFN & NSVN neuropathy's that challenge my patience 24/7 in dealing with this pain. So many times crying, crying as many of you do....
I am trying a new pain med, it's a patch, u where for 7 days then remove & put a new one on. It's called BuTrans.. I am starting on 10mgs & stopping my morphine. So far not so good....but I will try for a month and see.

Has anyone experienced a feeling in there foot & ankle likes its fusing? It 's like there is a hand in there pulling a string that is attached to each toe and the ankle together. It's like the foot, ankle & the leg are tightening together, becoming stiff. My ankles feel very weak. What is this & what can I do?

My lip biopsy is set for September 27. Anyone have this done? ( for confirmation of Sjorgen's)
Thanks for reading, take care of yourself & try to keep pain free!
June

Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User
Re: Trying a patch called BuTrans for chronic pain?

Hi June,

Did you change to the patch because the morphine wasn't working for you or was it something else that made you switch? I found that morphine didn't work at all for me either. Hopefully you will do better once your body gets used to the new med.

I have exactly the same feelings with my feet as you do! But it is dismissed by all of the doctors I have spoken to. No one wants to do anything about the fact I feel this tightening and pulling. So I started massaging my feet myself. I bought a hand held massager and use it every day on my legs. I try to use it on my feet, but it is hard because they are so tender. I really feel that it helps, so I try to stand it as long as I can.

The small amount of valium I take really eases the spasms in my feet and I am so thankful my doctor let me try this med. It helps more than anything else has!!

I sure hope that you and your doctor can find a something to help the pain. It just seems unending I know, but don't give up!! I really hope things get better. Please keep us posted here!

Best wishes, hoping things improve!! Good luck with your lip biopsy!
Daisy

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymaegrl For This Useful Post:
June89 (09-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User

Hi daisymaegrl, thanks for your words of encouragement. I asked the DR. to try something new on me as my pain meds are not working so good, especially with the swelling I have. He said to try this patch & discontinue the morphine as it is a small amount. My breakthrough pain needs to be increased so maybe I'll ask him for the vallium. I may just go back to my pain Dr. I have. This new drug seems to be ok, I am not high at all! How long should you try something new before u decide to let it stay or go?
My children are starting to question me on the drugs I take when there is alot of herbal stuff out there. Like a cup of basil tea. No thanks, this pain & herbal stuff I don't think will help. Sometimes it's hard to believe that this is how I am going to be for the rest of my life.
I am going to get me a hand held massager & see if that helps me.
thanks for the great advice, your always so positive thanks, June

Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

Hi, I have been on butrans 10mg for the last few months and I am really happy with it. It takes a few days for it to kick in but after that great. I have something similar to what you describe on your foot, I feel it is tendon pulling. I get relief from heat, I have a plug in heat pad and I wrap it around the foot. Give it a try and see how you get on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Agenda For This Useful Post:
June89 (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
(female)

daisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB Userdaisymaegrl HB User

Hi June,
How are things going now? Any improvement with that patch?? I hope so!

I know exactly what you mean about the herbal concoctions and natural supplements. My kids believe that everything can be cured by good food, eating right and taking natural things. I feel guilty that I am on drugs when I know how against them they are! But my life without them was horrible!!

I am dreading going back to wearing closed in shoes now that summer is coming to a close!! I got a pair of lined Crocs that I am hoping will help my feet during the colder days!

Welcome Agenda to our group here on the neuropathy boards!!
Best wishes to all,
Daisy

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
(female)

Hi Daisymaegrl & Agenda. How are you? I am starting on my 3rd week of the BuTrans patch. I think I am going to stay on it. It took sometime but now I am feeling pretty good. I have to stay away from heat so the heating pad won't help, but thank you for the tip.
Shoes. We should invent shoes for people with neuropathy.. I can not wear anything closed in, my feet get too hot & then PAIN. As I said in a earlier blog I need soft slipper like shoes.. My sister got me a pair in California & they are wonderful, I can wash them in the machine & they come up just like new.
It's the winter & what to wear is the problem. I hope you both are pain free as you can be. Talk to you soon. June

Reply Reply