It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
(male)

Josh90 HB User
Possible nerve damage/compression - need advice

Hello

I have bad anxiety when I'm out in public, a psychological problem where I'm in public and am walking past people. To combat this anxiety I like to make up scenarios in my mind that they are looking at me because I'm good looking or unique looking, it's slightly arrogant but it gives me a good feeling. The feeling is one of excitement and pleasure. When I'm doing this I get a shiver/goosebumps/tingling feeling down the side of my face, also my muscles tense up, I stop breathing and my heart rate increases. The feeling that strangers are admiring me is such a high sometimes I do it on purpose.

The downside to this is I'm beginning to notice side effects
  • My fingertips, lips, cheeks and back of head go numb and tingling, I have pain in my fingertips is and the pain is sometimes very intense, this lasts for several days
  • Food and drink tastes bland
  • My breathing pattern is way off, I feel out of breath and it feels like I have to manually breath where befofe it felt automatic and I didn't have to think about it.
  • I also have a itching sensation on parts of my body, when I go scratch it will go away but I won't feel the good sensation you feel when you scratch an itch, its just numb.
  • My typing speed has decreased a bit.
  • My eyesight and hearing seems to have decreased also

What is going on? I do this several times a day if I'm in public

I'm starting to think I have damaged my nerves.

Last edited by Josh90; 11-24-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply