It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

JWPLINK HB User
Just diagnosed with Peripheral neuropathy

Got diagnosis today. I only have puffiness in the bottom of my feet and stiff and swollen toes. How soon does the pain start?

I plan to go Florida for the Winter and wonder if anyone has recommendations for Doctors in Tampa to start treatment.
Thanks

Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
(female)

June89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB UserJune89 HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with Peripheral neuropathy

Hi I would think your pain would have been there from the start. How were you diagnosed ? Did u have tests? Pain, cramps, stiffness etc....You should start treatment with your Dr. before u leave. Your Dr. may heve recommendations to other Dr's there. Best of luck, June

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
(male)

airskypony HB User

PN is not the end of the world. Like June says, there are tests that need to be done to deterine if it the sensory or motor nerves are involved, or both.

It is a progressive disease, but, like others will tell you, you learn to roll with the punches this disease delivers and get back up to live another day. There are things to do to help with the pain and other sensations, show make sure you have an agressive treatment team. Also, be sure to get active in cyber space, because you can learn a lot about this disease, and other treatments used that may help you, too!

Good lucl....

Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
(male)

NewmanB1 HB User
Red face Re: Just diagnosed with Peripheral neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by airskypony View Post
PN is not the end of the world. Like June says, there are tests that need to be done to deterine if it the sensory or motor nerves are involved, or both.

It is a progressive disease, but, like others will tell you, you learn to roll with the punches this disease delivers and get back up to live another day. There are things to do to help with the pain and other sensations, show make sure you have an agressive treatment team. Also, be sure to get active in cyber space, because you can learn a lot about this disease, and other treatments used that may help you, too!

Good lucl....
I thought only some kinds of PN got worse over time. I thought mine (which is due to spine injury) wouldn't get worse over time?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User

Not all cases are progressive, PN can very individual even when the cause even sounds similar, I know one person with PN coming from spine and she is much better these days than she was 10 years ago, so it can improve, not everyone is exactly the same.
regards
Aussie

Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
(male)

NewmanB1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie100 View Post
Not all cases are progressive, PN can very individual even when the cause even sounds similar, I know one person with PN coming from spine and she is much better these days than she was 10 years ago, so it can improve, not everyone is exactly the same.
regards
Aussie
That's very encouraging news. Thank you.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
(male)

airskypony HB User
Wink Re: Just diagnosed with Peripheral neuropathy

I didn't mean to make you feel more stressed than you already were. I just wanted to be truthful with you. Aussie is correct, if it's spinal, it may subside or not get worse. I didn't pick that up in your opening note [that it was spinal].

I pray that Aussie is right and that your PN can be stopped, slowed or even healed, as that is the best of the best diagnoses for anyone. However, if you don't see this in your future, I am simply telling you that you will learn to adapt and live with it. Nothing that we have should ever be allowed to overcome and hold us down. With a good mindset and positive attitude, we can rise above the worst of things and still enjoy the live we have. I know this to be true because I do it daily.

Take care, and do keep us posted as to how you are doing. Maybe if things work out for you, I'll move to your area and transfer my treatment to your doctor. It couldn't hurt

Reply Reply