It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
(male)

airskypony HB User
Question Neuropathy Pain Leads to Fibromyalgia Storms?

I would like to know if anyone else with chronic neuropathy is experiencing breakthrough fibromyalgia storms? It seems that when my body reaches a certain level of neuropathy pain, my entire body slips into complete body pain. It's like having an onset of the flu, where every joint and muscle hurt so bad that I can barely move. Even my ears start ringing off the hook. Bed is my comfort zone, and while the storms [pain]only last for a few hours, it is growing old.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences something like thins. My doc says it is not unusual for bad neuropathy pain to result in a complete body reaction.

Last edited by airskypony; 12-30-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
(male)

chaines HB User
Re: Neuropathy Pain Leads to Fibromyalgia Storms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airskypony View Post
I would like to know if anyone else with chronic neuropathy is experiencing breakthrough fibromyalgia storms? It seems that when my body reaches a certain level of neuropathy pain, my entire body slips into complete body pain. It's like having an onset of the flu, where every joint and muscle hurt so bad that I can barely move. Even my ears start ringing off the hook. Bed is my comfort zone, and while the storms [pain]only last for a few hours, it is growing old.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences something like thins. My doc says it is not unusual for bad neuropathy pain to result in a complete body reaction.

Airskypony,

I too have just started to feel these pains. My neuropathy symptoms were originally limited to just my lower legs. The leg neuropathy has been SLOWLY getting better over the past two years so the new pains are confusing.

Just three months ago I was fired for not being able to do my job anymore due to the pain. The combination of stress and laying around for the past three months has started to cause major pain in both elbows and shoulders.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I'm sure the extra stress is making things even worse.

My new pains have been ongoing and not limited to just a few hours. I'm scared just as I'm sure you are. Unfortunately my neurologist is a five hour drive away so I need to wait a while to hopefully get an answer.

Best of luck,
-Chaines

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
(male)

airskypony HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaines View Post
Airskypony,

I too have just started to feel these pains. My neuropathy symptoms were originally limited to just my lower legs. The leg neuropathy has been SLOWLY getting better over the past two years so the new pains are confusing.

Just three months ago I was fired for not being able to do my job anymore due to the pain. The combination of stress and laying around for the past three months has started to cause major pain in both elbows and shoulders.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I'm sure the extra stress is making things even worse.

My new pains have been ongoing and not limited to just a few hours. I'm scared just as I'm sure you are. Unfortunately my neurologist is a five hour drive away so I need to wait a while to hopefully get an answer.

Best of luck,
-Chaines
Try not to be afraid...this is all part of this disease. It is progressive. All we can do is slow it down by diet and exercise. Other than that, it is something we learn to live with as easch days comes. God bless, and hang in there. You are NOT ALONE!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

jamieann123 HB User

I have been seeing 2 Neurologists for about a year now,and finally only because my family doctor requested them to tell him what i was either being diagnosed with or what they were leaning towards.and the awnser was Fibromyalgia and or Neuropathy..i looked up fibro. and its a perfect match.then looked up neuropathy and cant really figure it out.i cant really gather the info. to be able to tell them apart from one another. can you explain what you mean by Neuro. pain leads to fibro storms? sorry im just so tired of looking things up an not getting anywhere and then my memory is horrible which is a fibro. symptom.. maybe you can explain it better than what info ive already gathered.i really cant tell what is what..ughh.thank you

Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
(female)

wishiwasbetter HB User
Unhappy Re: Neuropathy Pain Leads to Fibromyalgia Storms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airskypony View Post

If You have TRUE Fibromyalgia you would already know, that Anything can Trigger the FLARE. The FLU will put your Fibromyalgia into High Gear, Any Kind of Pain Will Trigger Your Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 13 yrs ago, and it has gotten worse it seems with each FLARE. I also have Neuropathy, Nerves in my spine are inpinged (pinched) and that sends pain to all the different areas of your body, depending on the nerve. The Trick is to Get the Vertebrae in your spine, off the offending nerve. Laying in bed on the heating pad sometimes is the only thing that works for me when it's REAL BAD. BUT...You must not become bedridden, as sometimes (again) Moving around a little at a time...Like washing the dishes, then resting, going to the store then resting....Lessens the pain. It's a Double Edged Sword. The Barometric Pressure has ALOT to do with Fibromyalgia, that is why so many drs. advise you to move to a Dry Climate. I didn't understand the Barometric Pressure or what it was exactly, so I looked it up. The Barometric Pressure is the Pressure of the Atmosphere on the Earth. When the Pressure Drops below 30 on a barometer (for me) I can expect Fibro Pain. There is a Barometer in my Bedroom & Living Room..I view them daily, when they are at 30 or above...oh I'm good....BUT I live in Michigan..the worse state to be in with Fibromyalgia or arthritis ... MOISTURE and Barometric Pressure. In the Old Days, Fibromyalgia was Known as Muscular Rheumitism, That's when Granny (on the Beverly Hillbilly's) would get her JUG out. It's a Real Thing and it does get worse. Anything can Trigger it too....even a FIGHT with your husband or Teenager, or the Electric Co....Emotional Upsets Do a Number on you....and you end up in bed. I take Neurontin for the Nerve ending pain, the Fentanyl Patch for the Severe Back Pain, Xanex & Deseryl & Lortab to SLEEP. Because IF you Have True Fibromyalgia You don't get a Restful Sleep Either, and if you don't sleep..the next day the pain is 10 x's worse, because you didn't rest. They say with Fibro, Your Muscles do NOT relax at night even when you are sleeping, they are tightening up, your hands are gripping & ungripping....so unless you can get yourself into a TOTAL Restful Slumber....it's worse the next day. You should google Fibromyalgia or just go to Fibro Hugs.com....and you will see what others are going through, what they advise, Fibro Awareness Day at the Hospitals (where they have doctors speaking on the subject) You'll see that it is uncurable...that you won't die from it, but you will die from something it did to another part of your body, like heart palpitations, and not being able to breathe....it's awful yes. But if you educate yourself to what can be done at home when the Flares happen, your body won't suffer as much, and less damage will be done. Hot Bathes with Epsom Salts Work Wonders...Epsom Salts don't actually have Salt in them, it's Magnesium...and that is something people with Fibromyalgia are all lacking. I take a Supplement...but When a Flare Strikes...Into the tub I go, because your skin Soaks up that water more quickly than a pill can get through all your muscle & tissue. I buy the Big Size at Sams Club...it's like 20 lbs. BUT it works. I used to tell my sister, if I could stay in the bathtub all day and night I would be fine, so WHY don't the supplements keep it at bay when taken religously? Because we are Emotional People....that triggers it...because we Overwork our bodies....Because we have things like the Barometric Pressure that Affects US but not everyone else & we have no control of it. To Truely be Somewhere that the Barometric Pressure is Perfect Always is to be somewhere Above Sea Level (oh yeah, I studied it, it's scientific) and above sea level doesn't mean you have to live in the mountains either. There are area's in all the states (just about) that are Higher than other areas...Nevada has Alot of areas above sea level, so does Oregon, so does Colorado and Nebraska, even Kansas. All I know is that where I live is NOT above sea level. Google it...What areas in the United States are above sea level? That's how I did it. Unfortunately, I am alone and pretty poor, can't afford to uproot myself & move to another state. But please go to Fibro Hugs on the internet and see what they all have to say...write it down, because when you're in a FLARE, you're thinking isn't exactly straight. Dr. Kevorkians last two patients were people with Fibromyalgia....it should never get to that extent. And Get some books on it...I think I have them all...and HIGHLIGHT and put a marker in the FIBRO FLARE Section, so when it happens, you can just flip to those pages. Good Luck....they say: God Doesn't Give You Anything You Can't Handle, but Geeze....it's like being in Childbirth for days sometimes, and that IS pretty hard to handle. Get Up Out of Bed...Move Around....Study some books or the Internet.....Find Out WHEN Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is where you live....and Study it Out. That's all the Doctors Did...they STUDIED....and you can too. Best Wishes to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to wishiwasbetter For This Useful Post:
babyboomer6 (02-04-2013)
Reply Reply