It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
(male)

rebelstar HB User
Pins and Needles

About fout months ago, I developed a weird pins and needles feeling in my hand. This felt like electric shocks if I touched something and was more annoying than anything - it eventually went after 3 days.

This feeling re-occurred about once every four weeks but sometimes in my foot and sometimes in my hand. I put it down to diet and anxiety.

I hadnít had anything for a couple of months until last week when I had the same feeling in my hand which went but then spread to feet, spread to my feet and then toes. This is receeding now, but this morning it has occurred in my other hand.

I had an MRI scan which shows that I have fluid leaking from disks and whilst it isnt a totally serious condition, it does play up now and then and these pins and needles are incredibly annoying and concern me.

Is there anything I can do to stop pins and needles attacks and sometimes coldness?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Pins and Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstar View Post
About fout months ago, I developed a weird pins and needles feeling in my hand. This felt like electric shocks if I touched something and was more annoying than anything - it eventually went after 3 days.
This feeling re-occurred about once every four weeks but sometimes in my foot and sometimes in my hand. I put it down to diet and anxiety.
I hadnít had anything for a couple of months until last week when I had the same feeling in my hand which went but then spread to feet, spread to my feet and then toes. This is receeding now, but this morning it has occurred in my other hand.
I had an MRI scan which shows that I have fluid leaking from disks and whilst it isnt a totally serious condition, it does play up now and then and these pins and needles are incredibly annoying and concern me.
Is there anything I can do to stop pins and needles attacks and sometimes coldness?
Hi rebelstar, There is a partial liquid part of an intervertebral disc but it is semisolid enough to cause nerve compression as i understand it. And, i let my dr tell me what my MRI report said insttead of looking @ it myself & this resulted in me having the wrong diagnosis for 1988- 2012. My best advice is to get a report of your MRI & get a second opinion from a practice limited to spine only neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon to see if you are a surgical candidate for nerve decompression. These drs also treat spine issues with treatments other than surgery, i hope that you get relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
(male)

rebelstar HB User
Re: Pins and Needles

Thanks for this update.

I have had my 2nd MRI scan and it does not show a particulary problem so no MS or anything or nerve compression - they did only do my neck rather than back.

Currently the only symptoms I get are the pins and needles in feet mainly but occasionally my arms but also random *****ly sensations including my knee, forearm and lower back.

There doesnt seem to be a central spot to the sensation and when I rub it - its not there sometimes and no reason why it occurs i.e. not sitting on my arm or something. This indicates to me nerve issue.

My physio thinks i have slight nerve compression but its nothing to worry about partly in my head - I think he is downplaying it as I know with age, i will have bad knees and backs but surely i shouldnt experience this and I'm worried in case it gets worse.

I've been referred to a neurologist but nobody so far has really pinpointed what the solution or even the cause in that has given me confidence. Just anxious that something isnt being missed.

Reply Reply

Tags
cold, mri, needles, pins