It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

wllwrt4fd HB User
Questions about an EMG study

Hello Everyone,

I had an EMG done about a year ago and the neurologist reported that is was normal and there were no signs of peripheral neuropathy, however, he also stated that the EMG study was limited due to poor tolerance in the right leg. What could this mean? Any ideas? Additionally, the report on the study states that there were no abnormalities, but it only mentions two, what appear to be muscles. It states, "There is no evidence of any abnormality in the Right tibialis anterior and peroneus longus." So, does that also mean, they didn't do the whole leg and it was a limited study in that sense as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Questions about an EMG study

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllwrt4fd View Post
Hello Everyone,

I had an EMG done about a year ago and the neurologist reported that is was normal and there were no signs of peripheral neuropathy, however, he also stated that the EMG study was limited due to poor tolerance in the right leg. What could this mean? Any ideas? Additionally, the report on the study states that there were no abnormalities, but it only mentions two, what appear to be muscles. It states, "There is no evidence of any abnormality in the Right tibialis anterior and peroneus longus." So, does that also mean, they didn't do the whole leg and it was a limited study in that sense as well?
Hi wllwrt, Poor tolerance sounds like the needles hurt you too bad during testing & the test had to be stopped prematurely. Did this happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
(female)

wllwrt4fd HB User
Re: Questions about an EMG study

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hi wllwrt, Poor tolerance sounds like the needles hurt you too bad during testing & the test had to be stopped prematurely. Did this happen?
Yes, I believe from what I can remember, that's exactly what happened. I had the test redone and although I still suffer from numbness in my lower extremities the tests came back norma; although, this time I was on medication that decreases sensitivity to touch, so perhaps that's why I could tolerate it better this time around.

Reply Reply