It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
(male)

Specialboy HB User
Twitching calf muscles and Marathon Running

Hi .... I am a 49 year old runner with a moderately stressful job - In 2008 I started to suffer with severe night sweats and some twitching muscles in my lower legs .... a trip to the doctors and BT's that were all normal settled anxieties and the symptoms 'went'. I am currently training for the London marathon ... work has become stressful again and the twitching and night sweats are back ... Again all BT have been normal apart from the one related to my muscles which is 869? ( I think that is what the GP said) she has asked me to stop training for two weeks and to repeat the BT... because of family history she has also referred me to neurology ( my father died of Motor Neurone Disease) The irrational fear that I am experiencing at the moment is way off the scale for somebody who is reasonably sensible ..... Has anybody else had these experiences ? What is the BT for and is it likely to come back the same if I am still experiencing the twitching in my calves? My GP also says that she has not heard of the condition being linked to stress?

Reply Reply