It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

Gullyabb HB UserGullyabb HB UserGullyabb HB User
Mixed neuropathy??

Hi,
After 18 months and many, many MANY tests (including QST), I've been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy. MRIs were all clear, last one was over a year ago. CSF - no bands, no lyme, etc etc etc...

My nerve conduction studies had been normal (which is consistent with sfn)
until the last two - now the neurologist is saying there may be sensory nerves involved. Additionally, I've been having some heart issues and problems with both ulnar nerves. Now the neuro is wondering if there may be an autonomic component to my neuropathy.

If I understand correctly, the sensory nerves that would affect the conduction studies are myelinated. Is that right?

Does this mean I have mixed neuropathy??? This neuro has been fantastic and is sending me to the Montreal Neurological institute. The wait time is probably about 4 months.

In the meantime, I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this might be.
According to the neuro, they will test me for amyloidosis and sarcoidosis in Montreal.

Any thoughts or insight would be more than appreciated.

Thanks
Gully

Reply Reply