It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Severe pain

Had neuropathy of feet after inguinal hernia surgey with mesh neuropthy turned full blown in a year and half pain through out body balance problems weakness cant walk more than block bowel and bladder problems lower abdominal pain can't sit. Anybody have similar symptoms . MRI shows grade 2 spine problem l5s1 vertebrae thanks

Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Severe pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
Had neuropathy of feet after inguinal hernia surgey with mesh neuropthy turned full blown in a year and half pain through out body balance problems weakness cant walk more than block bowel and bladder problems lower abdominal pain can't sit. Anybody have similar symptoms . MRI shows grade 2 spine problem l5s1 vertebrae thanks
Dear terlin, If you have a copy of your MRI you might consider posting it on the back problems board or spinal cord disorders because there are many people there that have slippage & lumbar problems & could identify with what you are going through for support & help. I hope that you get the right dr & the answers that you need to get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
(male)

Vinegar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
The symptoms we share sound identical however my neuropathy was as a result of chemo, compounded by diabetes.
Unfortunately the pain will not go away, even with medicine. I must take 3 different meds to get the pain down to a 4-5.

Get yourself checked out, maybe you have something they can rectify.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face Re: Severe pain

Do you have difficulty deffacating and urine retention?also I feel like out of body uncoordinated and difficult to focus.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
(male)

Vinegar HB User

Yep, I have problems "downstairs" like you mentioned. Supposedly the nerves that control bodily fun toons are located near the ones that go to the feet and can be affected also. At least that's what I have been told.

What is your doctor saying?

Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face Re: Severe pain

I have seen 2 neuros each showed abnormal emgs. Got a third emg from third neuro said my emg showed normal, I mentioned the other emgs and he said its a matter of opinion, he did skin biopsy and showed length dependant small fiber. I am getting nowhere with this doc, lost all kinds of muscle cordination ext. I wonder if I have both neuropathys. Should I even get a cervical MRI could something there cause all this , loosing all hope. Thanks

Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
(male)

Vinegar HB User

Sounds like time to move on to another doc. It is a pain to change, but I think you need to make the effort.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face To vinager

Have you seen my recent posts. Neuro I have now is not taking my problems seriously said my bowel and bladder problems are
to be handeled by gastro which is no help he wants a repeat of lumbar and thoriac spine which I had 6 months ago not concerned about my arms hands and face burning and numb ,also have ringing in ears and all muscles seem to tense up. I'm wondering if I should go to a neuro spine surgen or another neuroligist. I also find myself picking up the wrong things I should know, get confused and feel out of body. Please help
s

Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
(male)

Vinegar HB User
Re: To vinager

If your neuro is not taking your problems seriously, you should see one who does take it seriously.

Reply Reply