It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face Whole body numbness

My whole body is numb now get crushing pain in feet body feels heavy hard to control my hands can't tell if I'm dry or wet in shower drying of can hardly taste food difficulty urinating and defacating rectum feels numb, gut bloated hurts to sit gets shakes get confused , leg pain , back at times, hands and feet get cold in 73 house neuro says small fiber neuropathy but have all this muscle weakness and loss of balance, going to a brain and spine neurosurgeon, any suggestions or anybody have delt with this? Please help

Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face Re: Whole body numbness

Please anybody have symptoms like this
How do you deal with this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User
Re: Whole body numbness

Hi Terlin - So Sorry to hear of the terrible things you're having to deal with. I have SFN, which is progressing, but have nowhere near the degress of effects you're dealing with. Are all of these symptoms fairly new, or have they gotten this bad over a number of years? Most of your symptoms sound like SFN all right, but SFN alone without also having damage to your long fiber nerves shouldn't cause muscle weakness as far as I understand it. Has your doctor done extensive testing to rule out any treatable causes of neuropathy? Perhaps you're taking some meds for your neuropathy that are the reason for your feeling of being confused. Or even fear and/or depression, certainly understandable with your symptoms, can cause confused thinking. The Cymbalta I take to relieve my SFN helps keep my nerves from driving me crazy. I've tried getting off of it twice now, and each time my symptoms creep back up and keep me really uncomfortable. It doesn't help the numbness at all, but I've learned to live with that. Is there a neuropathy support group in your area? A support group can be very helpful in learning of resources in your area and in getting the help of others in dealing mentally with your condition. Hope you get some more answers from the brain and spine neurosurgeon. Keep on searching as it's important to advocate for yourself. Do keep on posting here, even if it's just to complain. There are many of us with SFN here, who can relate to what you're going through and who understand. Hugs to you. - Ruby

Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
(female)

Pain in NH HB UserPain in NH HB User
Re: Pain throughout body

Honey, with all that you have going on maybe you should consider going to the nearest emergency room. It sounds just unbearable and overwhelming.

((Hugs to you))

Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Mental confusion

I have neuropthy with severe pain and numbness through out body was dx with neuropathy large fiber, 2nd neuro said I had small fiber neuropathy both did emgs last one also ran skin biopsy, he said my emg was normal? I am in a state of delirium can't concentrate alterd sensations sometimes difficulty speaking c

Get confused dressing my self they say it's anxiety, can that and severe pain cause mental anguish. Or can something else be causing all this. Last 2 years pain got much worse 1 year mind went nuts

Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Red face Multi symptom pain

Anybody any clue I have large and small fiber neuropathy emgs and skin biopsies burning, then cold muscle loss hurts to walk or lay down tightness in joints very uncordentated presure in head al joints crack difficulty defacating and urine retention severe abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing face and head numb shaking sensation in whole body electric jolts at times. Does this sounds like something more than neuropthy? Muscles tense cant feel were my arms and hands are please help did all kinds of blood tests all negetive all changed from just foot pain 2 years ago.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Times can't move my hands

Can neuropthy cause you the inability to move your arms and hands? This morning my mind is telling me to eat my eggs but couldn't get my hands to use the fork to pick it up. My hands would go to the dish but but couldn't control them. Very scary and I couldn't get out words correctly please some help!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Numbness waist down

Can l5s1 cause numbnes and pain waist down to feet spondilosis ?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Numbness waist down

I suppose you're asking about problems with your L5 nerves? If it's just radiculopathy (pressure on the nerve roots), it would probably be one side only, or one side much more than the other. You can look up L5 + dermatome to see what the L5 nerves do.

Your description is rather lacking in detail, but the problem SOUNDS more global than something just caused by nerve root problems. Have you had an MRI? Seen, perhaps, a physiatrist?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
What wrong with me

55year old male great shape with neuropathy in both feet. Pain running up legs, had inguinal hernia surgery and developed problems defacating and urinating, painful bloating above groin. Then feet started hurting when I were off them and constantly cold. Ab pain increased can't sit because of presure, developed ringing in ears, sensitive to load noises, feeling disconnected from world.getting lost when driving.then couldn't tell where my feet are when walking. Now head is numb, and sometimes difficulty feeling my arms and hands hard to make them do what pain burning and tingling through out body.forget what I'm saying or doing. Difficulty swallowing. Shaking at times body spasms. Electric jolts to different parts of body.presure in head lost of concentration. Lost 50 lbs. very weak. Been to neuro and gastro and they act as no big deal.no concentration. Please help had ct scans of head and abdomin and pelvis MRI of lumbar and tailbone. Just spondilosis of l5s1 please help

Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Sorry me again

Also sensitive to cold , gut gets so swollen it makes it hard to breath walking now legs seam to shake and ackward movements writing this get lost in what I'm saying. All my muscles tense up head gets hot but no tempeture all this came on in 2 years please help!

Reply Reply