It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

Lizpaterson HB User
Aspartame and PN ??

I've had PN in both legs for about 6 years now. I don't know why but just surfing around yesterday, I found out about a possible connection to aspartame. The more I read about what that POISON can do, the more convinced I am that it could have been the cause of my illness. I drink diet Coke and other diet drinks all the time. I rarely drink water. Well, as you can imagine, I've thrown out all the diet cokes I had and have started on water. Most articles say that if aspartame is the cause, I should feel a difference in about 60 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
(female)

nicelady HB Usernicelady HB User
Re: Aspartame and PN ??

I have had PN in my feet because of diabetes. I never drink diet soda never liked the taste. but I have read aspertame can also cause symptoms that mimic MS and lupus. How did it ever get to the market?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
(female)

Lizpaterson HB User

Hi! My Pn has no apparent cause - it's as they say idiopatic. I've tried everything - all the vit Bs, Neulenic supplement etc etc.No improvement (maybe a bit worse!) so when I came across the link to aspartame, I was "delighted" - at least I have something new to try. However, I really have a feeling that it is the cause. When I started getting worried about the pain in my legs and feet, I was drinking about 3 diet cokes a day and I've been drinking them for about 10 years at least. After reading all about what aspartame can do to your body,even if eliminating it it doesn't help my neuropathy it will do something positive, I'm sure! All the best for yours too!
PS I've heard that any publication against the use of aspartame gets bought up before publication by the big companies that use it!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

nicelady HB Usernicelady HB User

Don't know your age but the B12 was first thing. Mine was low but was told cant take as pills body will not absorb so even though mu B12 is up I am continuing to give myself shots. I have probably tried every supplememt ALA, ALC, fish oil etc. none have seemed to help. I have done tbe tens machine and low level light therapy. These work while you use them but nothing fixes it. My next thing will be acupuncture. Will let you know about that. I take 900mg gabapentin 3 times a day. It is a nerve med not pain med. It helps keeps pain down to a dull roar.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
(female)

MISSAMYJO HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceluckylady View Post
I have had PN in my feet because of diabetes. I never drink diet soda never liked the taste. but I have read aspertame can also cause symptoms that mimic MS and lupus. How did it ever get to the market?
I get a bad headache after ONE sip of anything with that in it. I am trying to follow Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live program which is more whole foods, etc. There are so many chemicals, etc in all (including medicines). Who knows WHAT effect it is having on all of us! Every few weeks there is another lawsuit on TV about "If you took ____ in the past..." Food for thought. If interesting. Eat to Live and Dr. Joel Fuhrman has tons of stuff on line... Best! a

Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
(male)

chaines HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizpaterson View Post
I've had PN in both legs for about 6 years now. I don't know why but just surfing around yesterday, I found out about a possible connection to aspartame. The more I read about what that POISON can do, the more convinced I am that it could have been the cause of my illness. I drink diet Coke and other diet drinks all the time. I rarely drink water. Well, as you can imagine, I've thrown out all the diet cokes I had and have started on water. Most articles say that if aspartame is the cause, I should feel a difference in about 60 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!
Hi Liz,

I came across your post and just had to chime in. On this thread MISSAMYJO spoke of the book Eat to live. I read it two months ago and it has really changed my view on food. It's more medicine than enjoyment as it was before.

His publication gives you so much information that you become an informed consumer. Before reading this book I thought I ate so healthy. Fish, chicken, pasta, olive oil, gluten free and only drank water. After my neurological disease struck I tried everything and while that was happening I was putting on weight. After coming across this book I learned the importance of a plant based diet. It really is revolutionary for the body. I feel that in American society we are to quick to want to grab a pill for a quick fix. I figure if it took someone their entire life to get sick than it takes awhile for them to heal themselves or at least become more functional.

Where I was going with this is that if aspartame made you feel bad just imagine what getting rid of the other chemicals would do.

Best...

The Following User Says Thank You to chaines For This Useful Post:
Lizpaterson (06-26-2013)
Reply Reply