It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

epri HB User
sciatic nerve palsy

Who else has got this and wants to share? Have mine due to total hip replacement. What other threads are there on this?
Thanks,

Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: sciatic nerve palsy

If you go to the top of the page, there is a search box. Just type in "sciatic nerve palsy" and it will bring up other related threads. I usually post on the back board where we have many sciatic issues...but I had not specifically heard of "sciatic nerve palsy" so I did a bit of research online and noticed that there is quite a bit of information on the topic, including many medical studies.

Have you suffered a drop foot due to this or what are your symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

epri HB User

Thanks for your response teteri66. What do you mean when you say that you post on the "back board". I am suffering from restricted movement in my foot (left, side of the hip replacement), with burning, numbness, and tingling. I do not have drop foot, just the 24/7 pain, discomfort. The doctor says I can expect full recuperation but I'm seeking more info since its going into my 3rd month and I see no improvement with just physical therapy. Again, thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teteri66 View Post
If you go to the top of the page, there is a search box. Just type in "sciatic nerve palsy" and it will bring up other related threads. I usually post on the back board where we have many sciatic issues...but I had not specifically heard of "sciatic nerve palsy" so I did a bit of research online and noticed that there is quite a bit of information on the topic, including many medical studies.

Have you suffered a drop foot due to this or what are your symptoms?

Old 06-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

epri HB User

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure my previous response to you, teteri66, got sent. Am repeating: do not have foot drop, just some impairment in movement and feeling of burning/numbness/tingling 24/7. Am seeking move info since this is continuing after 2 months post surgery. Thanks again for your answer. What did you mean by "back board"

Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
(female)

epri HB User

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure my previous response to you, teteri66, got sent. Am repeating: do not have foot drop, just some impairment in movement and feeling of burning/numbness/tingling 24/7. Am seeking more info since this is continuing after 2 months post surgery. Thanks again for your answer. What did you mean by "back board"?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Under the HealthBoards header, there are sub catagories...like this is listed under Brain and Nervous System. If you look under "Bone and Joint Disorders" you with see a board called the "Back Problems" and that's where many people who have back problems post.

It's good you don't have foot drop. Two months isn't all that long when it comes to healing time for nerves. Six to twelve months is often more like it. You might ask your surgeon if going to physical therapy and learning some exercises for this problem might help.

Last edited by teteri66; 06-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
(female)

epri HB User

Oh, I see, back board, as in body part - thanks will check out. And, yes I am in Physical Therapy and on pain meds.

Reply Reply