It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Good bottled water

I've decided to choose a good bottled water. so in doing this I found not all bottled water is created equal right? Now I'm not a fanatic about drinking water and in fact I binge sometimes. the water I like has to still be fresh tasting if I leave it uncapped overnight in my car. I have found a couple like that and others that taste yuk when left overnight. You know what I mean about the taste of water when left out overnight? Aquafina is my favorite next to talking rain. I don't know anything about them but if they are just filtered tap water wouldn't they taste yuk also after being left out over night? Just curious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Re: Good bottled water

I haven't thought about leaving it uncapped overnight to let it areate and check out how it affects the taste. I should know better from having actually worked distilling water and testing it onboard a ship many many years ago.

There is such a thing called a deareator that takes out some of the oxygen from the water. Oxygen is a key component for oxidation (rust) to occur so taking it out slows down oxidation in plumbing systems and machinery that uses water as a cooling fluid, but it sure makes the water taste flatter than a pancake.

I currently have access, at work, to very high quality R.O. (reverse osmosis) water that I fill and drink for use at work and at home even though we have commerical bottle water dispensers everywhere. Most everybody that drinks that high quality R.O. water, comments favorably on how good it tastes. They are surprise by it. Not many people pay that much attention to the taste of water up to a point but there is a big differerence in the quality of R.O. systems from what I've been able to tell.

Sorry, I posted and didn't really address your question. I don't know how Aquafina is bottled. I'm guessing it is through R.O. but I don't know. Some bottle water is mineral enhanced, some is natural spring water. Some is artesian. Some is that fancy woo hoo carbonated stuff. Some schisters actually just bottle water straight off the tap and sell it that way.

Filtering water off your tap is the least expensive way to try to clean water. I am talking about the ones you attach to the end of the faucet. The taste of the water will ultimately depend also on the initial quality of the water before running it through the filter, that is, where you live. If you are particular about the Aquifina brand, I doubt you will be happy with a simply tap water filter.

Hoop

Last edited by Hoop; 02-20-2004 at 05:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop
I haven't thought about leaving it uncapped overnight to let it areate and check out how it affects the taste. I should know better from having actually worked distilling water and testing it onboard a ship many many years ago.

There is such a thing called a deareator that takes out some of the oxygen from the water. Oxygen is a key component for oxidation (rust) to occur so taking it out slows down oxidation in plumbing systems and machinery that uses water as a cooling fluid, but it sure makes the water taste flatter than a pancake.

I currently have access, at work, to very high quality R.O. (reverse osmosis) water that I fill and drink for use at work and at home even though we have commerical bottle water dispensers everywhere. Most everybody that drinks that high quality R.O. water, comments favorably on how good it tastes. They are surprise by it. Not many people pay that much attention to the taste of water up to a point but there is a big differerence in the quality of R.O. systems from what I've been able to tell.

Sorry, I posted and didn't really address your question. I don't know how Aquafina is bottled. I'm guessing it is through R.O. but I don't know. Some bottle water is mineral enhanced, some is natural spring water. Some is artesian. Some is that fancy woo hoo carbonated stuff. Some schisters actually just bottle water straight off the tap and sell it that way.

Filtering water off your tap is the least expensive way to try to clean water. I am talking about the ones you attach to the end of the faucet. The taste of the water will ultimately depend also on the initial quality of the water before running it through the filter, that is, where you live. If you are particular about the Aquifina brand, I doubt you will be happy with a simply tap water filter.

Hoop
I use to have one of those, but when we remodeled we put one of those darn water faucets that is a sprayer to and you can't put a water filter on them or I would use them. I think we had the Pure (forgot the name)and I liked it real well.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #4
(female)

Amby HB User

I agree with you that not all bottled waters are created equal.

I never could get down a whole glass of water from the tap, I just tasted chemicals so at an early age I got into drinking bottled/spring water.

My favorite is Figi. To me, it has the cleanest taste. No bad after taste that I get from some bottled waters. It also lasts, as you said, if I were to leave the cap off and in a room (or in the car) I can still drink it the next day just fine.

Runners up for me are Polar Springs, Great Bear and Deer Park - I swear these are all the same water just packaged differently, they taste exactly the same to me, they are all equally excellent but still under Figi's crisp/clean taste.

The rest, I stay away from unless I'm desperate.

Closed Thread