It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 AM   #16
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Losec, anyone? This is about testing for gluten....

ok im waiting..

Old 06-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
ok im waiting..
Hey losec.
Oh, lol, your waiting for questions. I was curious about Luna Bars and beef jerkey.
That's what I ate today. You know what, i've been feeling great actually. Still a little bloated but I weighed myself this morning since i'm feeling better and weigh 2 pounds less! Not as gassy, but still kinda bloated.

Oh, and I bought this stuff called "Benefiber" which is a fiber supplement. I was taking psyllium husks but it's too "gritty." Whereas benefiber dissolves right into the liquid, and it doesn't really taste like anything. I mean, i don't even recognize that there is a powdery substance in there. I love it!!
OH YAH(lol), my question is...is there gluten in that. I think that this no gluten thing is gonna work for some reason even though I don't think that my results will be postitive. I don't think i'm gonna worry about stupid things like ketchup, benefiber, and luna bars unless i am positive. Although I am curious though.

Last edited by Jess75; 07-07-2005 at 08:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #18
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jessica.. check on those products if there is a phone number.. maybe you can call them or give me the number i will call for you..hmmm wait can we give out phone numbers.?? you better check before jess.. chow remeber jess.. if your are gluten intolorant, then you must remove it completely,, if not you will never feel at your best.. .. i hope you'r ok

i had some turkey breast, with parsnips, carottes, potatoes, peas, and, salad..with tomatoes..and, some rice crackers ..

i dont want to post no more up in the food thread cus im to much of a health freak.. and, when i see peeps eating hotdogs..eww well it kinda reminds me of my past..

Old 06-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hi jessica.. check on those products if there is a phone number.. maybe you can call them or give me the number i will call for you..hmmm wait can we give out phone numbers.?? you better check before jess.. chow remeber jess.. if your are gluten intolorant, then you must remove it completely,, if not you will never feel at your best.. .. i hope you'r ok

i had some turkey breast, with parsnips, carottes, potatoes, peas, and, salad..with tomatoes..and, some rice crackers ..

i dont want to post no more up in the food thread cus im to much of a health freak.. and, when i see peeps eating hotdogs..eww well it kinda reminds me of my past..
Well, I looked on the label of both of those products and didn't see the word gluten, unless there is hidden gluten ingredients. So, as of now, no i don't think they contain gluten. You now all the secret words, lol!

For dinner tonight i had a bean/shrimp and rice burrito with a side of asparagus at whole foods. Ironically, they had cooked asparagus at the buffett!LoL I tried it and actually liked it...thanks for the idea!! I asked the lady at the counter what kind of shell it was, well actually i said, "is this buritto shell gluten free?" and she said no, it's made of corn and flour or whatever. Right now, I have gas(lol), i don't know if it's my head or not(sorry for grossing you out but it's getting on my nerves). My husband is getting so sick of me and I can't help it!lol I was fine all day, and i'm not kidding. AND, I didn't have any gluten all day until that shell for the boritto. ARRRGH, if this is postive life's gonna be such a pain. I'm about to sip on some peppermint tea right now.

Yah, I know that your a health freak, but ya know sammy is doing good and I know now at my age I wouldn't eat a hot dog,ewwww! I like the chicken dogs from whole foods, the organic kind. But i know how you feel. I don't know if it's the gluten or what that causes these problems, it seems like it is...i keep thinkin, well maybe it's all in my head, i don't know, thanks losec.

Oh yah, i didn't HAVE a luna bar today, I had that puffins corn cereal flavored with peanut butter made from "Barbaras" all natual and wheat free with soy milk.

Oh yah, and to make it easy instead of calling them, you could check out the ingredients on the site.

I have a question too, what food do you miss the most that you aren't allowed to have, if any.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-23-2005 at 06:25 PM.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #20
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hmmmm.. actually i dont miss any except for the Granny cookies, which my mom always gave me with hot milk..besides that, none at all, i eat everything just like everyone else except i eat at home, with my mommy..lol .. jess if ever you need to eat like me, it will feel so hard at the beginning but, once you start feeling like you'v never felt before..you will find it very intersting..you know jess.., im never sick.. not even a headache..what worries me tho, is that you dont like to cook.

se you

Old 06-23-2005, 07:03 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hmmmm.. actually i dont miss any except for the Granny cookies, which my mom always gave me with hot milk..besides that, none at all, i eat everything just like everyone else except i eat at home, with my mommy..lol .. jess if ever you need to eat like me, it will feel so hard at the beginning but, once you start feeling like you'v never felt before..you will find it very intersting..you know jess.., im never sick.. not even a headache..what worries me tho, is that you dont like to cook.

se you
Granny cookies, lol, awww, well at least that's it. I call my mother "mommy" too most of the time, lol. I should be finding out the results from my tests tomorrow. Till then, ta ta, chow, layta.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #22
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

ok, good night

Old 06-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
ok, good night
Yah, I just called my doc and the secretary said that she'll call when they get my results. It's Friday so i guess i won't find out till monday. Btw, I feel great today!

Old 06-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #24
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

you feel great?? kool, now dont go eatin pizza..because i think pizza always makes you sick.... chow jessica..hey its a holiday here today ..

tata

Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
you feel great?? kool, now dont go eatin pizza..because i think pizza always makes you sick.... chow jessica..hey its a holiday here today ..

tata
You know what? I think your right? It seems like everytime that i eat pizza and or pasta...i feel sick. And THAT was like 2 times a week. Your sooo kool!

What's the holiday???

Old 06-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #26
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i know im kool and, im glad you know..lolll anyways the holiday here is St.Johns Batist lol.. its a quebec holiday every year..hehe.. know what i did, i put my tv outside and, made me some healthy snacks..but, i gtg cuz my tv is still outside..lol..hehehe i hope you'r ok.. chowww

Old 06-25-2005, 07:54 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
i know im kool and, im glad you know..lolll anyways the holiday here is St.Johns Batist lol.. its a quebec holiday every year..hehe.. know what i did, i put my tv outside and, made me some healthy snacks..but, i gtg cuz my tv is still outside..lol..hehehe i hope you'r ok.. chowww
Hehe, yah i'm fine. What's a "quebec" holiday?? Anyhow, i'd like to know EXACTLY step by step how to make a corn pizza, lol.

And, could you help me with ONE other thing. Could you tell me exactly how to make a stir fry. Like what kind of sauce, how long? I want to make steak and chicken stir frys and suprise my family. What kind of utensils should i have, EVERYTHING. I'm really lost when it comes to cooking. Could you give me a little start? Do you ever make stir fry's? I love them. You seem like a good cook. I read about some recipes on the web but it's not specific enough for me. My husband went to atlantic city with my uncle today so I want to cook today as my little project since i'm not going to go swimming until tomorrow, lol

Oh yah, a gluten free stir fry.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-25-2005 at 08:51 AM.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:20 AM   #28
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

oyi jess.. you'r giving me work here.. ..

anyhow.. what you need is a wok and, gluten free soy sauce(Itake the Braggs)..
take some beef cubes..like for 4 portions or 5.. you can either boil the cubes first or fry them with olive oil.. with some onions.. once you got that done, put them on standby..
Now, you take your WOK..lol and, just cut up veggies in there make it very colorful .. with olive oil again, let the veggies cook say about 15 minutes or so..taste them so that they crunch.. once the veggies are ready throw in your meat..and, let them all cook together for like 2/3 minutes..and, that should give you a delicious meal.. with some wine if you'd like and, some rice crackers.. hope oyu get it right jess.. know that ur a little clumsy..lol

dont you know Quebec.??

oh and, for the pizza crusts, I dont make em, I buy them..they are not expensive, like 4 crusts for like 4.99$can. and, I dress them up myself.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 06-25-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:54 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
oyi jess.. you'r giving me work here.. ..

anyhow.. what you need is a wok and, gluten free soy sauce(Itake the Braggs)..
take some beef cubes..like for 4 portions or 5.. you can either boil the cubes first or fry them with olive oil.. with some onions.. once you got that done, put them on standby..
Now, you take your WOK..lol and, just cut up veggies in there make it very colorful .. with olive oil again, let the veggies cook say about 15 minutes or so..taste them so that they crunch.. once the veggies are ready throw in your meat..and, let them all cook together for like 2/3 minutes..and, that should give you a delicious meal.. with some wine if you'd like and, some rice crackers.. hope oyu get it right jess.. know that ur a little clumsy..lol

dont you know Quebec.??

oh and, for the pizza crusts, I dont make em, I buy them..they are not expensive, like 4 crusts for like 4.99$can. and, I dress them up myself.
Yah, Quebec is like a city or country? Anyways, thanks dude! Okay, let's see if i fully understand
I'm going to get some chicken pieces or beef cubes and cook them on medium heat in some olive oil until they are done right? In a frying pan right? I guess i'll use a spatula.

Then, i'm gonna use a little olive oil, turn on the stove,LOL, and fry the veggies, but use a WOK? WHy not a pot?

What's a wok, sorry i'm dense at this,lol

Last edited by Jess75; 06-25-2005 at 10:02 AM.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #30
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

jess.. you make me die..lol anyways a WOK is an electric..kinda big pot thingy shaped funny, the chineese use it all the time.. you should get one..cuz you can also make your veggies useing just water..this way you will steam them rather then fry them.. 1/2 cup of water in the wok and, you can throw in as many veggies as you like..hope you'r getting this..

chow

Closed Thread